Shh

Simon's POV:

Shit. Shit. Shit. SHIT. What did I just walk in on!!! I paced back to the classroom, a million thoughts running through my head. Were they... kissing? I thought they were just friends! Nick is gay? Why didn't they just say something? Were they gonna be mad at me? Should I tell Wille? Is Charlie going to be cool with me staying over anymore? What was I going to d-

"Simon! Are they coming or not?" Mr Farouk had been talking to me this whole time and I didn't even notice. 

"Oh, yeah. Any second now." I rushed over to my seat, Wille looking at me with confusion. 

"Hey what's up?" He took my hand and tried to calm me down a little. Should I tell him? I thought. But what if they're not out? 

"It's nothing," I smiled stroking his wrist. He smiled back. 

"Finally, what took you guys so long?" Mr Farouk questioned as the door swung open, Charlie and Nick stumbling in. 

"It was pretty full is all," Charlie said, taking his seat. Nick followed. They looked at me with embarrassed eyes, I could sense a tone of secrecy. I looked back and made a little motion with my head, to signal that I understood. Wille looked around, he was very confused and had no idea what was going on. Oops.

•••TIME SKIP•••

'RINGGGGG' It was lunch time! 

"Finallyy I'm starving," exclaimed Charlie, as he packed up his math books. 

"Samee," said Wille, doing the same. 

Nick pulled out his phone and started texting someone. "I'll see if the others want to come have lunch with us, maybe up by the field."

"The others?" I asked.

"Oh just our friends. I'm sure you'll love them. You've already met Tao, remember?" Charlie answered. 

It took me a second to remember the tall, thin boy who defended me earlier. "Oh yeah, sounds great!" 

We left the classroom and started making our way outside before Nick pulled me to the side to talk to me.

"We'll be right back guys," he said. Wille had jealousy lingering in his eyes. "Um so, about before. You see-" 

I took a deep breath before cutting him off. "It's ok, you don't have to explain yourself to me, it's none of my business." Nick's eyebrows raised and a happy/confused expression appeared on his face. 

"It's just that- I'm not really out or anything yet, but I'm planning on announcing it soon. Do you think you could keep it a secret for now? I don't mind you knowing, you can even tell Wille if you want," he was surprisingly okay with all of this. Wow, if this had happened to Wille for the second time I would flip. 

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. And Wille should only know if you're ready to tell him." He smiled and gave me a warm hug.

"Thank you," he said.

"It's really no problem."