Arrive 2

Charlie's POV:

I was cleaning up my room a little bit more, and preparing the big mattress that was sitting on the floor. It was almost dinner time, my guest was arriving soon!
I walked down the stairs to check if everything seemed presentable, and apart from a couple scattered pairs of my converse shoes it seemed great.

"Charlie, when will the Swedish student get here?" Asked my dad.

"He should be arriving any minute," I replied.

"Alright, dinner is served!" My mum said, holding a pot of spaghetti and some metal tongs.

"Looks delicious mum," I said, smiling. I was in a very happy mood because me and Nick were getting along amazingly. My life felt almost perfect.

"What's going on?" Tori asked, descending from the stairs, a straw-cup in her hands.

"The Swedish exchange student is coming remember?" I replied, helping mum set the table.

"Oh yeah, when will he be getting h-" She was interrupted by the doorbell. I quickly put down the cutlery I had in my hands and opened up the door.

"Hi!" A curly haired teenager with a big bright smile stood in front of me, holding some bags.

"Hello! Here, let me help you." I said, picking up his suitcase.

"Oh thank you! My names Simon, what's yours?"

"It's Charlie, nice to meet you Simon!" I smiled at him, trying to look as welcoming as possible. He walked inside, taking his shoes off and looking around my home while I led him to the dining room.

"I love your house," he said warmly.

"Thanks! Here, take a seat." I replied, pointing at the chair on the end of our dining table. He sat down and seemed very happy to see that we were having spaghetti.
"You like pasta?" I questioned.

"No, I LOVE pasta." He said cheerfully. I introduced him to my parents and sister, and Tori seemed to be okay with him. After some long conversations about his trip, Sweden, all the sight-seeing places in England, etc, we had finally finished our food. I cleared all the dishes and we went upstairs.

"So, this is my room. Sorry it's not much." I said, apologetically. He looked at me confused.

"I love it, so cozy!" He replied putting his stuff next to the mattress.

"Well alright then! You must be tired from the plane ride over, so I'll let you get some sleep." I said.

"Nooo It's only 9 O'clock," he exclaimed. I sat down on my bed and he sat down on his.

"So, anything special you want to do tomorrow before the weekend is over?" I asked.

"Not really, but a close friend of mine is staying with a family nearby so I'll probably go see him."

"That sounds fun! What's his name?" I questioned, wondering if this was the person staying with Nick.

"Wille, I think you'd like him," he said. Wille. That sounded kind of familiar. I shrugged it off and moved on. We chatted for a good hour before he and I couldn't help but drift off to sleep. I was excited for the upcoming adventures.