18 | The End (Well, Kind Of)

I hadn't left my apartment all morning for the first time in weeks.

Rain was bucketing down the window panes, an unusual occurrence for LA, but it fit my mood perfectly.

Lonely.

Tragic.

Miserable.

And yeah, its pathetic.

You think I don't know that? But seriously, what am I supposed to do now?

Well, I guess answering the phone would be a start.

It had been ringing itself off the wall since 6 am, and I had yet to check my mobile, too afraid of who would be on the other end of the line.

Maybe it was petty, not picking up, but did I really care? 

No.

I twirled the ends of my hair around my fingers, switching the TV on.

I had managed to cut it last night, and it didn't look too bad.

A week ago, that would have been means for celebration, seeing how I hadn't done anything significant to my once-waist length hair since sophomore year of high school, but it was fair to say I wasn't in the celebrating mood.

The lady on the news was going on and on about the weather and how it was so strange and blah blah blah.

In my opinion, it was rain.

And it was fall.

Apparently Los Angeles, and the whole area of Southern California, was immune to this season.

Guess the rain serves them right then, I thought bitterly. 

The phone rang again and I exhaled heavily.

That was the eighteenth time this morning.

"Ugh fine," I muttered, standing from the small sofa I had been sitting on.

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone tersely.

"Lily! Its Cordelia. You know, it would have been so much easier if you had picked up the first time but you do you I guess," she complained.

"What do you want?" I asked harshly.

"Jeez, whats your problem? Don't have rain where you come from?" Cordelia replied.

I scoffed.

"Says the one from Sunnydale,"

"Look, Angel wanted me to call you and see if you were okay. Are you okay? And answer quickly because I'm beginning to care less and less," she snapped.

"I'm fine, Cordelia. Tell Angel that he can stop pretending to care," I snapped back.

"Oh, he's not pretending, Lily. He cares. We all do. At least...I did until like a minute ago,"

I sighed.

"Whatever,"

I was being unfair and I knew it.

All Angel and the others wanted was to make sure I was okay and I had been nothing but rude to them so far today.

But I was finding it extremely difficult to be nice after having my heart repeatedly shattered by a demon with a soul.

Well, maybe I was giving myself a little too much credit there. I was the one who turned him down first.

But wasn't it the right thing to do?

Wouldn't our relationship make no sense?

He was a vampire for starters, and the two of us could barely go five minutes without arguing or insulting each other.