05 | Growl vs. Grull

"Grull," Wesley corrected for the fifteenth time.

"Wesley, it's a demon. It probably says growl. Does it really matter?" Cordelia asked.

"Well, yes!" he replied and she sighed heavily.

"Lets not worry about the technicalities," Angel spoke and Wesley glanced up.

"But- But she's using incorrect terminology!" he protested and it was Angel's turn to sigh.

"Growl," he deadpanned and I laughed.

"I don't see why we're even investigating this growl, grull whatever it is thing anyway! There's no evidence that supports it was this thing except for the fact that it harvests organs! Surely its not the only demon that does that?" I reasoned and Cordelia shuddered.

"Its not,"

The phone rang, interrupting our discussion.

"Angel Investigations! We help the hopeless," Cordelia answered and Angel shook his head mouthing, 'I give up' at me.

"Oh my God. Wait. Who are you? Emiel. Yeah, Emiel what? I've got enough mysterious one named people in my life. Funny thing is, they're both dead," she was saying.

I raised an eyebrow at Cordelia and Wesley who stared back at me, looking just as confused as I felt.

"Oh, well one was this girl named Kendra- Fine. Don't expect good customer service," Cordelia huffed. "Okay. Yeah we've got enough people on this case. I'm Cordelia. Yeah, ok Karen one sec!"

She rolled her eyes, taking the phone away from her ear and placing her hand over the mouthpiece.

"He wants to talk to you," she hissed, thrusting it towards Angel.

"Hello?" Angel spoke.

"Who is it?" I asked Cordelia quietly.

"Emiel. Does that sound like a vampire name to you?" she replied and I shrugged.

"I guess. Its not Vlad, but its not Chad either,"

"How do you have this information? I'm a PI, it's my job to ask questions. Angel," he was saying, the conversation making no sense from our one sided view.

Angel hung up, staring at the desk for a minute.

"Well?" Wesley asked.

"Andrew Macleod's dead," Angel replied, not looking up.

I gasped, my hand flying to my mouth.

I barely knew him; one conversation in an alleyway doesn't exactly make you eligible to give the eulogy but there was something so jarring about his death.

He seemed so...alive.

"He was found like the woman,"

"Where?" I asked, my voice breathy.

"I don't know. Some guy named Emiel was on the phone. But I don't think its where Andrew's body is that's the biggest problem right now," Angel spoke.

I frowned.

"What?"

"He knows who I am," he replied, looking up at us.

"The downside to knowing every guy," Cordelia muttered but I didn't laugh.

"No. He doesn't know...me. He knows Angelus,"

Wesley and Cordelia exchanged a panicked glance and I looked between the three of them.

"Who the hell's Angelus?"

...

"All in all, evil, carnage, thousands of dead people. He's kinda touchy about it," Cordelia explained.