10 | Sparkage and Sincerity

"No way,"

It was about fifteen minutes 'til sunrise and Kingsley wanted to take me into the tunnels with him.

"C'mon. It'll be fun," he laughed and I glared at him.

"No way," I repeated.

Kingsley grinned, lunging towards me and grabbing my arm.

I screamed, losing my balance on the tunnel's wet entrance, almost falling flat on my face.

Which I didn't.

Somebody caught me from behind and I struggled in their grip to face them.

Kingsley.

Our faces were only inches apart, and I caught myself staring into his eyes.

"Enjoying the view?" he asked, smirking and I pulled away, brushing the moment off.

God!

I refused to let myself indulge in any weird fantasies he was planting in my brain.

"I can't see a thing Kingsley," I grumbled and I heard him laugh from somewhere in front of me.

"Should've brought a flashlight," he replied and I huffed.

"I did. It's missing,"

"You sure about that?"

Something hard hit my face and I recoiled in shock and pain.

Bending down in the dim light to pick it up, I growled.

My flashlight.

"Ow!" I cried, though the pain was already dulling.

"Found it," Kingsley spoke in a sing-song tone.

"I can't believe you," I hissed.

"Really? Cos I can,"

"Whatever," I grumbled, walking faster now.

The end of the tunnel was coming into view, much to my delight, though if Kingsley walked any slower he was risking being burned to a crisp.

"Training for the Olympics there Carpenter?" he asked and I glanced behind me.

"What?" I replied testily and he laughed softly.

"What's got you all twisted? Speed walking. You could win gold at that pace,"

I rolled my eyes at the comment though I couldn't help but smile a little.

Its not like he could see me...right?

The rest of the walk was quiet and after a few minutes we had fallen into step with each other.

Which made me angry.

Definitely.

Ugh.

"Here we are," Kingsley announced, leading us out of the tunnel.

"Thank God," I grumbled and he smirked.

"You cant tell me you didn't enjoy yourself tonight,"

I felt my cheeks heat up, though I prayed he didn't notice.

"Watch me. I. Did. Not. Enjoy. Myself,"

He rolled his eyes, still grinning.

"Liar,"

"I'm not lying! You're the most self-confident, irritating...ugh loser of a guy I've ever met!" I exclaimed.

His smile dropped for a second and hurt flashed through both of us.