Chapter One - From Dust Till Dawn

It was the late evening in the commercial district of the kingdom of Vale, when most people had already left for their homes or their night jobs while others roamed the streets, and the broken moon shined its light upon the area. The various shops and buildings were mostly closed with only a few still open at a time like this. Ruby and (YN) were walking along the sidewalk while enjoying the sights in the city.

Ruby: "I forgot how big Vale is!" She wowed. "It's way more fun than Patch."

(YN): "It sure is." He agreed. He turned to Ruby. "So why are we going to a Dust shop for again?" He asked.

Ruby: "To get the lasted copy of the weapons magazine." She answered happily.

(YN): "Speaking of weapons, you've never actually showed me your weapon." He recalled.

Ruby: "Well, you showed me yours, so I'll show you mine soon. So don't worry, you'll get to see mine." She replied. "But right now, I'm getting that latest magazine - if the shop is still open." She hoped, (YN) chuckled.

Soon, they turned left on a block, and came across a store called "From Dust Till Dawn", the windows indicated that Dust, crystals, books, tools, cartridges, and scales were sold at the shop. And to their luck, it was still open.

Ruby: "Yay, it's still open!" She cheered

Ruby: "Yay, it's still open!" She cheered. "Come on!" She grabbed (YN)'s hand and quickly ran to the shop, dragging him with great excitement.

Once they entered the store, they were greeted by an elderly, balding, gray-haired man with wrinkles under his eyes and over his brow, and wearing a green shirt with a red apron and gray pants, who appears to the shopkeeper of this store. Behind him was a counter contained a glass display case containing Dust crystals. On the walls were a set of tubes containing different colors of powdered Dust, which could be extracted by attaching a smaller cylindrical container to the bottom of the tube.

There were assortment of glass jars, containers and boxes, likely meant for containing Dust. They also offer magazines and a newspaper called "Vale Times".

Ruby: "Excuse me, do you have the latest copy of the weapon magazine?" She asked the shopkeeper. The Shopkeep smiled and grunted a yes, motioning towards the opposite side of the store.

(YN): "I'm gonna look around." He told Ruby.

Ruby: "Kay." She responded, and walked towards the magazine stand, putting on her headphones, and picked up a magazine and started reading it.

(YN) smiled, seeing how happy she was. He soon checked out the Dust crystals in the display, eyeing at them. He pulled out his pistol and glanced at his weapon and the Dust crystals.

(YN): "Why didn't I install a Dust usage feature into them when I first built them?" He asked himself. "Oh, well. Maybe one day I'll upgrade them." He put his pistol back into his holster, and continued browsing.