« 9 »

Two days later, Kairo, Kai's brother was walking around the forest around 5 am, yawning a bit as he smiled satisfied. He didn't really sleep this night but accomplished his work he had to do the past few weeks. He was strolling trough the paths before he heard something rustling beneath the ground.
"Hm?" he raised an eyebrow, spotting a fluffy tail.

"Oh dear.." he crouched down, lifting the leaves a bit, spotting a small animal laying there.
"Are you alright?" he said, knowing he wouldn't get an answer. He carefully scooped it up into his arms, standing up again.
"You don't seem too hurt, but better make sure.." he mumbled, walking towards the village again.

The small animal tried to get away, but regardless now she had to face Kai at some point again. But besides the point Kairo probably noticed how thin and malnourished she is.

"Is she having trouble getting food?" he questioned out loud.
"Maybe I should offer her some.."
He entered the village, making his way to Kai's, knowing he was good with animals

Meanwhile the fennec gave up trying to get away at this point.

"Huhu!" Kairo called out to his older brother, standing in front of the door. Seconds later the door opened.
"Ye- oh?" he raised an eyebrow seeing the scene in front of him, stepping aside to his brother could enter. Kairo stepped inside.

"What brings you here?" The older male asked amused, looking at the animal.
"I found her in the woods. I think she's having trouble finding food. She's slim and malnourished.."
"Oh, I don't think it's finding food. More like consuming it."
"..huh? Why would it be consuming the food?" Kairo raised an eyebrow, looking down at the fennec in his arms.

She had her ears low, knowing that she was in big trouble now.

"Alright.. well so could we get here some food?" The smaller one asked, sitting down on the couch, petting her small head carefully.

"I sure think we can." Kai didn't take his eyes off her. When they got her food she still refused to eat it.

Kai sat there, looking at her sternly.
"A few bites won't kill you, sweetheart.." he told the animal.
".... Kai .... are you sick or something? You know that- like she can't really understand you.. oh well, who knows" Kairo mumbled the last part.

She just huffed in protest.

"... I will send you to the hospital if you don't stop looking at this poor animal like that-" Kairo said in concern, making Kai laugh a bit, turning his gaze back to his brother.
"I'm not insane.."

Meanwhile she just curled up and refused to look at Kai or the food.

"Should we get her to the shelter? She might need professional help.." The smaller one said worriedly, but Kai just shook his head.
"No, I don't think that's necessary. I'll take care of it." he said, gazing at Cheicou.
"And if I have to give it to her forcefully."
".. now you really worry me"
"Haven't I always done that?"
"Yeah but- well nvm that" Kairo sighed and stood up, stretching his arms.
"I'll leave her to you, I got work to do." he said and the older one nodded, watching him leave before turning to Cheicou again.
After Kairo had left she could feel Kai’s piercing gaze on her again.

"Cheicou, seriously you got to eat something." he sighed, furrowing his eyebrows.

She looked up at him before turning back into her human form.
“Fine..”

He smiled a little, holding out another bowl of soup for her, having prepared this since the food he had given her as fennec was rather dry. And it was insects, so lot very yummy probably.
"Good~"

She took the bowl and began to eat.

He smiled, keeping an eye on her while she ate.

After a while she finished the soup.