« 8 »

The moment Kai woke up he let out a soft yawn, the sun almost fully above the horizont.

Cheicou was still outside, sitting at the edge of the cliff.

The brown haired man left the tent, stretching his limbs while adjusting his eyes to the light.

As Kai stepped out of the tent, Chei turned her head to look up at him.

"Mornin'.." he mumbled, still a little sleepy, walking up to her.

“Morning”, she replied.

The male sat down besides her, looking at the rosen sun.

"Mhm~" he hummed, closing his eyes and enjoying the warmth on his face.

“Slept well?” she asked after a while of silence.

"Eh, it was better then I expected." he answered, opening his eyes again and looking at her.
"You wanna stay here a bit more or continue the journey?"

She also looked at him.
“I’m fine with continuing the journey”

"Sweet, then let's go.." he mumbled, smiling a bit while looking at her for a few more seconds, before standing up and grabbing his backpack, swinging it over his shoulder.

She stood up as well and also took her backpack.

"We should be in Sumeru in around 2 hours and then I'll take of to my village, you can either follow me or just take off when we get to Sumeru." he told her as they climbed a little to continue their path.

Cheicou only hummed in response.

They continued their journey, not talking much, from time to time Kai was humming some small melodies.

Soon she broke the silence.
“You do know that you can ask questions if you have any?.. you keep giving me the feeling like you have questions”

"Hm? Ah-" he chuckled a little bit.
"I'll keep that in mind." he said, nodding his head. He wasn't going to ask anything for now. He was going to keep his pattern.

The journey went on as usual, mainly silence.

Soon they arrived in Sumeru, Kai smiling as he was met with the familiar smell and scenery.

"Home, sweet home~" he mumbled, taking a deep breath.

Cheicou looked around, not having been in sumeru for a long long while.

"I'm going to head to the village, what will you do?" Kai asked after a little bit of silence.

“I don’t know, probably wander around.. see what changed”, she replied.

"Mhm, alright. Well enjoy, Sumeru has gotten really beautiful the past hundred years." he said with a chuckle, nodding his head.

“If only a few hundred years were the case”
she mumbled.

He raised an eyebrow, grinning a bit.
"Oh now you got me curious~"

“About what?” she asked tilting her head to the side a bit.

"Your age. It seems like you are not the youngest anymore~ well.." he eyed her up and down.

"You look pretty young still, but that's not what I meant." his eyes found hers again, regarding the blindfold.
"So, how old are you??"

“Why don’t you guess?” she smiled a bit.

"Hm, older than me, that much is sure.. over 1000 because you mentioned no hundreds" he mumbled.
"Like.. 1100 or something?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow, seemingly really invested in this.