2

I looked up from the many painful blows I was receiving to see a man wearing a very pure white Giorgio shirt. He had a firm glare as he continued laying punches on me. Since he wore a different color to everyone else, I immediately assumed he was the groom to be. I tried shielding my face but he only hit me worse.

"Who.the.hell.invited.you.to.my.bachelor.party.shaggy!" He shouted every word with a punch. All I could do was take the punches as he kept hurting me and completely making me feel helpless. Soon enough, the punches stopped and I looked up to see my sister's husband to be held by the handsomest guy I had ever seen. His grey eyes bore deep within me and his tan skin that seemed naturally tan. His muscles rippled beneath the tight black shirt he wore which looked more expensive than my monthly rent. He pulled back the groom to be and turned to two heavily built men behind him who I had only realized were behind him then.

"Security! Take him out!" He gritted out. It was pretty clear he was mad at me or angry or disgusted or both. I was pretty much heavily bleeding by now and I could feel the blood trickle down my nose. I turned to see Evans look at mein what I assumed was shock and disgust and I immediately knew I had no place there anymore. The guards carried me like a sack of potatoes and took me out of the building through the many stairs. They proceeded to throw me through the last ten stairs making my back to hurt like a bitch. And to think I went there out of goodwill. I had literally asked for a night off at the bar for this party and am treated like garbage. I coughed up and I could see traces of blood in my spit. That could not be good. I sighed and took a few deep breathes. I decided to just flog down a taxi, I hoped I could afford one to get me home. One guy stopped and I limped my way to his vehicle.

"Could you take me to Gale Street please?" I asked. He nodded and started off the car. As soon as the car stopped I sensed something weird about my apartment. The torn curtains on my windows were no longer there and it seemed pretty empty. I paid the cab driver and limped to my door. My landlord stood next to my door and next to him was a pile of my stuff. He hadn't even bothered to pack them in the black bag that lay next to the stuff. He looked at me coldly.

"Good you're here, I just came to inform you that someone is coming to live here as from tomorrow, better take your stuff and leave!" He said with a blank look on his face. I stared at him bewildered.

"At this time? But I paid my rent for this month and we ain't even halfway yet!" I tried to justify myself. He sighed like I was the stupidest person on earth.

"Consider the extra money a fine for all the times you delayed paying rent...look kid, am just a caretaker here! If you don't pay rent, the boss orders for your eviction and that is what happened so you better go before we involve the police!" He stated and started walking away.

"Where am I supposed to sleep now?" I asked desperately. He turned to me and shrugged.

"I don't know...go find a bridge or something I don't care! Am sure you could find a spot for tonight and search for a house tomorrow." He said as he turned back to keep walking.

"Please Jamey! Just one night am begging you!" I tried to beg. Jamey just turned to me and gave me a cold stare then left.

"Take your stuff and LEAVE Jake, I don't want you to go to prison for trespassing!" He said and continued walking.

"Trespassing? This is my home!" I said getting frustrated. He sighed and walked away not uttering a single word. Today turned out to be more shitty than my normal days. I started putting my clothes haphazardly into the small black back. I didn't own much stuff anyway. I decided to go to the club and ask the boss for a place to sleep just for the night while I look for a place to stay. The chilly breeze made me shiver as I let out a tremble. I had always felt shitty but now that not only my family but my other best friend saw me as a disgust, I felt lost completely. I thought Evans was different, I thought he couldn't be like Stella. My blood boiled. Now I had no one! And it was all because of my twin sister Jessy!

Why could she not love me like other twins loved their twins? Why did she always have to hurt me. Her husband to be had humiliated me, not just in front of my best friend and cost me a friendship but he had also humiliated me in front of his colleagues and work mates. I sighed as another breeze made me shiver.

I regretted going to that damned party and I swore on my life that day that I would never ever be concerned with Jessy's life. I would never have a part to play in it. I would ignore things that did not concern me at all.

I entered the dimly lit club with the shitty doors and floors. I did not even stop to greet my co worker I walked straight to the bosses' office.

"Jake? I thought you asked for a leave today?" He asked. I meekly nodded and let out a sigh.

"Am sick boss and my girlfriend kicked me out of our apartment." I lied. His eyes flashed with sympathy.

"Oh!" He said. I knew he did not know how to handle such a situation so I continued.

"Could i sleep in the attic,till I find a place to stay?" I asked as innocently as I could and Bosses' eyes flashed with pity as he nodded. Nice! Score!

"Yeah, you should, there are some spare blankets in the hallway corridor OK?" He asked genuinely concerned and I nodded. At least one thing went according to plan.