15

Wei Wuxian POV:

I silently watch Qing-jie redo my bandages with a small smile on my face while Lan Zhan and Wen Ning continue to work on the making of the little shelter in the backyard of the Jingshi.

One thought was currently stuck on my mind. I understand that the Jins must've kept Wen Ning alive but locked as a useful and powerful weapon if they learned to control him, however, A-Ning has a conscience of his own and when they realized he can't be manipulated they locked him away.

I understand why they would keep A-Ning but Qing-jie? I'm glad to know she's still alive and well but why did someone keep her and I can't seem to figure out why they would literally look after her safe and sound without any ulterior motives. For once, I'm absolutely clueless as to how to find a lead or even the smallest of clues.

Qing-jie was applying some medicine she'd prepared on my arms and hands, the feel somewhat burning yet somewhat cooling. I sigh tiredly, causing Qing-jie to pause her movements and look up at me. "A-Ying, what's wrong? Is something bothering you? Is it about being here with Hanguang-jun?" She asks in a concerned tone, her brows creasing in the middle while her mouth was turned down into a frown.

"Aahh... haha.... No no. Nothing like that." I say and chuckle awkwardly. She sighs and speaks again, "Come on, you know you can tell me what it is." My Qing-jie says in a calm and soothing tone. I sigh, giving in and telling her what was on my mind.

"Qing-jie, I wad just wondering how come someone kept you locked up yet looked after you well, keeping you safe and sound. I don't believe someone would do that without any ulterior motives. I was ju-" She cut me off midway.

"A-Ying. You're unwell and pregnant. Worry about yourself. You should take a break from the cultivation world's stress or it could be harmful for your baby." She tells me in a soothing tone and I can't help but relax. I give her a gentle smile and move my hand carefully to take her hand in mine.

"Qing-jie, I'll be fine. Don't worry. And you're right, I'll take a break from everything else for now. But I don't know what to do about being with Lan Zhan. I don't know if I can trust him again." I tell her with obvious worry and concern in my voice. My heart clenched in pain at the mere thought of trusting Lan Zhan again but I wanted my baby to have his father. I want that for my child. However, I'm still too scared and vulnerable to trust him and give him another chance right now.

"A-Ying, listen to me. Listen to yourself. Yourself as a whole. Think of what you want. And just remember that you don't have to trust him right now. You don't have to give him another chance yet. Put yourself and your little one first. That's all that matters."

Now I didn't know what to do. I need to put my baby first but it's also going to be awkward and messy between Lan Zhan and me now. I sigh and nod. "Yeah, jie. I'll think about it." I say and lose myself in conflicting thoughts about what to do about Lan Xhan and me now.

Hey, all my lovely readers. I apologize for the delay and I kept this update short on purpose. There's more to come and I'll definitely make up for the short chapter. Please do keep supporting my book. 5k reads and over 300 votes!!😭😭😭 Thank you so much everyone! Loads of love for you!!!

Love ya<33