Chapter 3

"A- Ying"

Wei Ying knew that voice. But, wasn't she dead? He turned around and saw that she was real, he wasn't imagining stuff. Wen Qing was standing there in her usual red robes with Wen Ning by her side.

"A- Jie?" he whispered, confused.She walked toward Wei Ying and wiped his tears. "But..." he couldn't say the words, "No, A- Ying. I didn't die, I'd been kept in a cell, A- Ning found me and brought me here. He told me everything that's happened" she paused. "Come here" she said softly and he immediately went and hugged her, crying into her shoulder, her arms went around him and she kept stroking his hair, like a mother would to her child. Soon he had fallen asleep on her lap.

Back at Cloud Recesses

Lan Zhan was in the Jingshi. His mind had calmed down a little now. He was thinking about everything that happened only sometime back. There were so many thoughts in his head.

Why did Wei Ying stab Xiongzhang?

But, Wei Ying didn't have Suibian when we went to the temple.

Oh no! How could I forget?! Wen Ning told me he can't use the sword anymore!

But, still.... No, no, no. Something's not right.

He remembered Wei Ying's words...

"I love you, Lan Zhan. I will always love you, but, regardless of how much I love you, I will never come back. Also know this, one day you will know the truth and reach out to me, but, you'll be too late then"

Too late, too late, too late.I can't let him go again, I'd never forgive myself if that happened again.

Lan Zhan remembered how broken he sounded, now that he thought about it, he could recall Wei Ying shielding his front most of the time. He came to a decision, he was going to find Wei Ying, it had been less than an hour since he left and he couldn't have gotten far in that state of his, he had to be around somewhere. Lan Zhan decided to look for him. Lan Zhan thought Wei Ying might mostly be far from Gusu itself. The woods just outside the village was the farthest, so he flew there on Bichen.

When he was above the forest, he slowed down and almost immediately he found a trace of red among the green. As he got closer to the ground he realized that Wen Ning was sitting down, there was a woman and Wei Ying was lying on her lap. Lan Zhan's blood boiled at the scene, but, what right did he have to be angry? Walking closer he was shocked to see Wen Qing there.

I thought she was dead, burned long ago, they couldn't have been lied to. Lan Zhan thought. Wei Ying stirred and sat up slowly, when he looked up at Wen Qing, he smiled a bright, wide smile. A real smile. "So, I wasn't dreaming. You really are here" he said and hugged her like his life depended on it. She pulled back planting a soft kiss on his forehead. All this was only rising Lan Zhan's jealousy. Then he heard Wei Ying say something that broke his heart.

"Lan Zhan left me, too" he murmured, twisting Lan Zhan's heart painfully. "He said he loved me, A-jie. But, did he really ever love me when he never even trusted me?" Wen Qing gasped. "A-jie? What's wrong?! Are you alright?!"

"Did... did you sleep with... with Hanguang jun?" she asked saying each word slowly and carefully.

"A-jie I... I... we" Wei Ying blushed, his entire face was as red as a tomato, Lan Zhan who was listening in felt his ears heat up. "Answer me" she said in a motherly tone, "Yes" Wei Ying mumbled. Then he frowned, "How did you know, though?" he asked, still a little flustered.

"When you fell asleep, I was checking for any wounds and when I checked your pulse I heard...." she hesitated, but continued "I heard two sets of heartbeats" Lan Zhan and Wei Ying sucked in a sharp breath, eyes widening. "W- What do y-you m-mean?" Wei Ying asked, clearly shocked. "A-ying, don't panic ok, but, you're...you're p-pregnant" she finished.

"WHAT?!!"

I'm gonna leave this chapter here. Will Lan zhan reveal himself and take Wei Ying back with him or will he loose his last chance and let go of Wei Ying? What do you think? You could also tell me if you have any different ideas or suggestions of what you want in the next chapter.