ninety nine

Luke and Ashton walked into the office Monday morning holding hands but with apathetic facial expressions. They were the only ones there considering they were early.

They looked around, breathing in heavily.

"Luke, I really am going to miss this place." Ashton commented.

"I know, so am I. It's tough." He responds.

Within five minutes, most of everyone is here except a couple that called in sick. The two were dreading the moment they'd have to announce it.

Ashton hesitantly looked at his spouse, tightly gripping his hand and slightly nodding to signal that it was time. They had to do it sometime and if they don't now, they'll just have a feeling of worry in the pit of their stomachs until they did.

Luke walked in the center of the office, dragging Ashton with him. They stood awkwardly, fidgeting nervously.

Luke cleared his throat loudly, "Listen up, me and Ashton have news."

"It's Ashton and I." Ashton whispered sweetly, correcting Luke's grammar.

"Ashton and I have news and uh, I'm not sure exactly how to say it." He turned to his husband. "Do I just say it or do I like, need to ease into it?"

Taking matters in his own hands, Ashton continued their announcement himself, "We are moving, so unfortunately that means we must leave the company. It's been such a lovely time working with all of you and it'll be hard leaving this place." 

"As for who's taking our spots as boss, Calum is returning and I expect you all to be nice." Luke added.

Someone sighed in the crowd and Michael abruptly stood up and looked around.

"You wanna sigh to my face, Chad?" Michael harshly asked.

He shook his head quickly causing Michael to smirk and sit back down, winking at Ashton and Luke.

"We're moving to Adelaide to start fresh. This place has just been absolutely amazing to us but we feel like we needed a change of scenery. We'll come back and visit one day so this office better be under control still." Ashton remarked, smiling sadly.

After saying a few more words, they headed into their office with a couple of boxes to store their belongings in.

"Remember when I gave you a blowjob under the desk and then Sarah came in to ask where to go for the donuts and you practically screamed 'dunkin donuts'?" Ashton laughed causing Luke to blush.

"That's not as bad as the time you stood on top of your desk yelling, when someone came in with a cat." Luke replied.

"Hey! I'm allergic to cats!" Ashton countered.

"Whatever you say." Luke said, ending the discussion as they finish packing.

Walking out of their office solemnly, they put their boxes down and say their goodbyes, hugging a few people such as Michael, being one of the only few people they actually got along with.

Eventually the two had to leave and as they did, a sense of sadness rushed through them.

"Are we really making the right choice?" Luke asked, stopping by their car in the parking lot.

"Luke, we were bound to have left anyways. Don't you want to start a family and settle down?" Ashton questioned, rubbing the backside of his husband's hand soothingly.

"Yeah, it does sound nice. I just, I'm really gonna miss this place."

"So will I, but it's for the best. We'll come back soon."

And with that, the two drove back home where they began packing further, but this time, it was their apartment they had bought years ago. The place where many memories were shared just like the office held. Change is hard, but it can become easier with the person you love.

Luke held a brave face as the home got emptier and emptier, looking the way it was when Ashton originally showed him the place they'd be staying at together. But Luke knew that this was the right choice.

As long as he was with Ashton, he knew he'd make the right choice.

-

100K THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH. THIS MEANS A LOT TO ME.

i really want to write a long note to you guys but im trying to hold back until the very end. let's just say i was freaking out when i had 99.9K.

not only that, but it gained another thousand reads within like five hours. i just want to show you guys how appreciative i am.

thank you guys, really. this all means so much.

have a great day/night wherever you are!
-lexi