Chapter 16: A Yu-tastrophe II

Start from the beginning

Jiang Cheng's jaw clenched so hard it threatened to pop as he listened to the words coming out of their mouths. The last straw was seeing the two get uncomfortably close. Xichen was leaning lower while the omega reached high with his lips.

Jiang Cheng's heart rippled in effect, his head throbbing from the sight. Like clockwork, his rage reacted on his behalf.Jin Guangyao suddenly experienced a great pull and received a slap across the face.

"Jiang Cheng!" Lan Xichen was surprised by this sudden development. Before he could attempt to save Jin Guangyao, Jiang Cheng grabbed his wrist and dragged him out of there.

Jiang Cheng didn't have a plan then, but he continued tugging at the jade down the corridors. He tried the knobs on every door on their way- most of which were locked. When one budged open he immediately shoved Xichen inside and shut the door.

Xichen slicked his dishevelled hair back, confused by what had happened. Yet he fought hard to stay calm. Jiang Cheng was not ready for explanations, he only wanted to yell out his thoughts. 

"Even so, you have no right to hit people whenever you get the urge. Violence solves nothing," Xichen said.

Jiang Cheng walked up to him and did exactly that; swinging a fist right into Xichen's nose. This left Xichen tumbling to the ground...

******

Back at Lan Lingjin, the tension was palpable. Fengmian was under a lot of heat after discovering what his wife did the other night. They argued about it and reconciled. 

When Madam Yu asked about where he heard the alleged rumours, the man fumbled endlessly.

Nothing changed the next day. Madam Yu would show up in the garden and make a mess of Madam Lan's leisure.

Madam Lan was not one to indulge in altercations, but when it went on the third time, she did not stay mute. It took both husbands to suppress the feud. Afterwards, Madam Yu got so furious she gave her husband the cold shoulder.

Seeing his plans fall apart, Fengmian whipped up all the sweet words he could find, but that just made him look more suspicious.

"How about we head to the private pool? Just you and me," he said.

"We have one at home. I'll swim there."

"My Queen, don't be sour."

"And why not, Fengmian? You know what that woman has been saying behind my back; you could at least stand by me. How will it look if I let such an attitude slide, huh? Then every roach out there will think they can challenge me."

"Dear, I never mentioned Lan Lihua as the culprit."

"Then whom else could it be? Why won't you just spit it out!" Madam Yu yelled in a nagging voice.

"Because there was no such thing! I made it up!" Fengmian cracked like an egg. Madam Yu was stunned for a moment, her hands suddenly pressing down her lips as she came to terms with that confession. Had she accused Lihua wrongly, she wondered.

"Even so, that woman has always been trying to out-best me. The...there has to be some truth in that," Madam Yu said.

"I only wanted to get you out here so we can have a change of environment and make new wonderful moments as a couple. I'm sorry it made you so stressed," Fengmian reached out to hold her hand.