Chapter 4 | Muse

"The right muse will inspire truths over imagination."

A B H I M A N Y U

A B H I M A N Y U

It's been exactly a week since that discussion about a muse with my professor.

Some would say I would have found a great , ever so beautiful muse with whom I'll later fall in love with, by now. Spoiler alert: Those people are idiots.

This isn't a fucking romance novel , is it? Finding a muse isn't an easy task. That much I can conclude from the previous week. I have tried. Trust me , I have. But the only thing that the girls I have met so far inspired me to do is write diss tracks.

Every conversation went something like this,

"Hey , so I was actually wanting to ask you something. I am writing a love song and I was wondering if you could maybe become my muse. I promise it won't be much of a trouble." I nervously fiddle with my rings and bite my lips. I would have smiled if I was physically capable of doing that.

The brunette in front of me blinked and tilted her head.

"Okay." My eyes momentarily widen.

I internally fist bump myself. She could easily be my muse. She was pretty, kind and well I agree she didn't make me feel a spark but I could work with that.

She leans forward and whispers in my ear.

"But can we have sex first? It's actually a flex to get into your pants." She rears back and smiles that sickeningly sweet smile.

"Shall we?"

I groan.

Why are all of them treating me like I am a goddam prize or something?

It's annoying.

Xavier was currently laughing his heart out while Rudra bit his lips trying not to laugh and buried his nose in the book he was holding.

"Fuck off. Both of you. You all are a bunch of scams in the name of friendship." Rudra had the decency to stop and gulped down a glass of water. Xavier in true Xavier fashion didn't stop. He smacked the table making a few eyes in the canteen look at us.

I scowled at him.

"Stop laughing. This is serious. I can't fail the class or drop it. I have to do something." I throw my head back on my chair , gazing at the sky.