CHAPTER 6 - AN EXCEPTION!

"Victoria," said the Blue mask. She looked at him. "Are you willing to join in any of the teams? if you want, you can join," said the Blue mask. Victoria took a few seconds and more, then came to a conclusion that she is not going to join in any of the team."No sir it's by me, I can participate alone and don't need any team""Interesting! Since you made this decision you will be given extra chance to participate in the game. which means if you get your answer wrong you will still be having a chance to participate in this game, remember only one chance!" said the guy.After hearing this the children started to lament and were shouting at her."Silence!" again yelled the Blue mask then continued "See, this girl is the only member in her team and that's why we have decided to give her this exception" "This is not fair, you have mentioned that there should be at least two members to participate in this game, right?" asked a boy, despite the crowd his individuality stood out, by excluding his ebony skin form the crowd, he had brown eyes and grew long hair, not very lean as well as not very fat but some were in the middle. His name was Roger."Yes," said the Blue mask."Then how come she would be eligible to participate in this game?" "Good question, but it seems you haven't yet went through the rule book completely, we have clearly mentioned about this in the book, before you speak just make sure you know everything and then proceed." "it's okay sir I will participate as solo participant" "Are you sure? you can change this anytime you want got it?" "Yes sir, got it, thank you so much" Everyone settled in their respective rooms and within a few minutes the game started. "Okay shall we start students?" questioned Isabella

"Yes!" said everyone with excitement.

"should I explain the rules? hope you guys know it right?"

"Yes!"

"Wrong answers- the team will be rejected, team which says correct answer will get two points, team that didn't respond will get one point."

Everyone were in a damn serious mood waiting for the question, Isabella started to give the rules.

"You will be having only one minute to answer the questions, teams who know the answer can press your buzzer then explain the answer. Team which scores the highest point will be moving to the next round and the rest of you will be terminated and will be sent to your homes. Hope everyone is clear? do anyone have any doubts?" The entire room became dead silence none have opened their mouths, a few seconds later Isabella started to ask the question but abruptly remembered something to say which she had forgot.

"Ho! sorry forget to say something, in total you will be having Five rounds, in the first round you will be given five minutes to answer, in the second round you will have only one minute to answer and from third round you will have only 30 seconds, am I clear students?"

Everyone agreed with the rules and some responded as "Yes mam" some nodded their heads and some were not able to digest the rules and the timings mentioned.

Chatters started to participate in the game, "What!" yelled Venkat, then turned his gaze towards their teammates. Priya too, was worried upon hearing this sudden rule; it made her freeze, and didn't utter a word. However, Mathew was as cool as usual.

"Silence please!" Said Isabella, the room returned to the usual state, she started to read the question.

"So, here's your first question," Isabella said. Everyone's face were dead serious and were focused on the projector screen, Isabella started to read. "Two constables went to the crime spot, it was a small house near the police station, the inspector asked the constables to bring some evidence and some information on what had happened in that house. So, these two went for a search. They reached the house and started to gather some information, here is what the information given to the inspector.

The door was locked form inside, the fan was turned off, the window was broken, the refrigerator was opened without power and some fruits especially an apple fruit which had a bite and some vegetables were on the floor, there was a newspaper on the sofa, where the page number thirteen and fourteen was left opened and a man was lying on the floor with full of blood, blood scattered till the edge of the sofa. After reading this information the inspector found that the constables didn't went to the spot at all, how did he figured it out? your time starts now!

"What?! they didn't went to the spot?! but how?" questioned Priya, not only she but the participants filled in the hall as well, they started to discuss. Everyone in the room started to discuss about the topic, the clock commenced to take everyone's time, faster and faster.

"Bzzzz!" the buzzer sound echoed in the entire room, everyone's eye were searching for that person, that one person who pressed the buzzer, but to everyone's shock two of them pressed the buzzer, one was Mathew and the other was Lawrence. They pressed the buzzer at the same time, so Isabella checked her computer, it says Mathew was the one who pressed it first and so the chance was given to Mathew, he started to explain how the inspector could have figured it out. "It's clear that the constables didn't went to the crime spot, from the question itself it's been clear, I would say that the inspector must have figured it out form the information provided by the constables. So if we look at the first information, it says that the fan was turned off, which means they haven't used the fan or it might be due to shutdown - the fan may be turned off as well as the refrigerator was also found open without power, the next comes the windows - it's said that the windows were found broken, so obviously the killer would have entered by breaking it, then the body, it was found in the hall and the blood flew till the sofa, then there is no information about it, whether he was stabbed by knife or other stuff... The next comes the newspaper, here's what they have made a mistake" Everyone's eyes glued on Mathew's face, except Lawrence, and our pink haired girl Victoria. It shows that they already knew the answer, anyways Mathew continued to explain. "They have mentioned that they found the newspaper opened on thirteen and fourteenth page, the newspaper usually won't have an odd and an even page number next to each other, it should have been twelve and thirteen because when you see the newspaper, the front page itself would be - Page one, followed by it two and three will be there. So, even comes first and odd comes next, they unfortunately misplaced this and get caught," Mathew completed his explanation the entire room was still silent, seconds later a clapping sound was heard, it was Isabella followed by her Lawrence, Victoria and others started to clap.

"Good! that's the correct answer, Team one is leading with two points, and the rest of you are with one point"

Each and everyone were disappointed and exhausted, because they felt bad about themselves. Especially Lawrence, wouldn't he, because he missed his chance. Seeing their situation Isabella cheered them up. "Come - on! this is not all, you still have two more rounds" Yes in total there was three rounds. One among the participants stood and asked "This is not the game we expected, in the instruction page you have mentioned that game will be conducted by setting up, based on real murders mysteries which has been solved"

it's again, the same guy who interrupted when Victoria got that offer so called one extra chance to participate in this game if she goes wrong. Yes, it's Roger.

"It's not fair, you have mentioned that the game will be having some real murders like set up and participants will be playing it as it will happen in real life investigation, now what happened? you just picked up some random questions and started the game, that's it!" said Roger by shrugging his shoulder.

Hearing his words everyone joined him, the room became as noisy as it could. Seeing everything form the CCTV room, Red mask came to the spot, he inquired Isabella understood the situation.

"Roger. I agree with your point, but see if you can't even solve this simple questions then how come you are expected to solve real life murder cases?" said the tall guy wearing Red mask, this made everyone realize their capabilities...