The Return - Chapter 7

Start from the beginning

"And what about Clary!? If you hurt my daughter Jace -"

"I'm planning on telling her the truth. And by truth, I really mean everything, even this!" Jace said as tears fell on his face. "Including how you turned your back on Alec and Magnus like you never knew them. Rest will be her decision to make. Whether... whether she wants to break up and move on or... stay... regardless of everything."

"And why do you think she would want to stay with a family of criminals!?" Luke spat.

"Luke!" Izzy warned. "Stop it! Please. I beg you...you want to turn your backs on Alec and Magnus? Fine, go ahead. But know that I will be standing in your way. I'm not losing my brother if you up and decide to reopen that case and order a kill on sight for them as well!"

"That's something I want to know, Luke..." Jace said, desperation lacing his tone. "You won't do that, will you? Tell me she's wrong. Tell me you won't do that to Alec. Tell me, Luke..."

"I don't know about Alec but for Magnus, no, for Intan Ginting, I will. He's a serial killer who need to be put down before he decides to kill more people."

"What the!?" Jace took a step back, scanning the stone-cold eyes of his father-in-law.

"And you think that won't destroy our brother!?" Izzy yelled as tears soaked her face. "That.. that he won't do something to himself if Magnus... dies."

"That's Alec's decision to make," Luke said coldly.

"You are blinded by your anger and hurt, Luke. And you too, Jia." Izzy said. "Yes, they lied to all of us, and maybe because of this very reason. Because they thought we'd leave them, hate them, or see them with disgust. And maybe they weren't wrong in that. Everyone wants love and respect in their life. Especially when they never got that."

"Leave it, Izzy, they both won't understand it right now," Jace said and handed Luke his batch and gun. "Here, I'm quitting before you make me. And I'll tell Clary everything too. I just hope you won't take our brother from us too."

Izzy followed, giving Jia her batch and gun then left with Jace, leaving the two behind.

..........

*Jem's Farmhouse*

"Can you please shut that stupid phone, Bane!?" Raphael snapped, who was dressing the wound of a small girl they rescued from Derek's house. After burying those bastards, they went to each one of their houses, making sure none of the abusers were present there, and rescued several small girls those bastards were using for their pleasure and entertainment. Right now, they were in Jem's second farmhouse, which was also a safe house for victims and survivors they found throughout the years.

"Who is it, babe? You have been worried since the time you first picked it."

"It keeps disconnecting, so I'm sorry Raphael but I can't exactly. I couldn't hear much... but... it... it sounded like Kristelle."

"What? Why is she calling you like that?" Tessa asked.

"I don't -" He was cut off by his phone's buzz which he quickly picked up and put on speaker.

"Magnus... Magnus, can you hear me? Tell me you can hear me. This bloody network... Magnus....?"

"Kristelle... yes, Kri. I can now. Why are you calling me like that? You haven't killed -"

"No. No, I haven't. But there's... no... first.. please tell me you have some safe place for me. I really need one right now. Mine's compromised."

Alec and Magnus exchanged looks. While it was risky, no one knew the face behind that mask so for a temporary basis they can try to keep her in Lightwood mansion. "Kristelle, you can stay with us for a whil-"