GUIDELINES

Hello writers of Wattpad! Welcome to the Nova Nexus Awards: #WattysPrep Edition, hosted by onestraykid and me, RookWri78. Here, we will judge both COMPLETE & ONGOING STORIES of various genres and a few special categories (best hook, best characters, best world-building & best twist).

That's right: this is a #Wattys simulation.

Here's the guidelines/rules for this mega contest:

1. All entries must adhere to Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

2. All entries must be in English.

3. You can submit ANY NUMBER of entries, as long as they adhere to the category criterion:

COMPLETE STORIES

- posted on Wattpad on or after January 1, 2022 and marked complete

- at least 50,000 words in length

ONGOING STORIES

- Created on Wattpad prior to March 31, 2024 and marked ongoing

- be at least 10,000 words in length

- No prior updates required as long as the minimum word count is satisfied

- The Entry must have received a 500-word Update in at least 80% of the weeks between the date you submit the Entry and the date on which the Shortlisted Entries are announced (June 30th, 2024). Here's a table to keep track of the number of updates:

 Here's a table to keep track of the number of updates:

- All Entry parts, including Updates, posted until June 30th, 2024 will be considered as the total Entry in the Ongoing Stories category.

4. To enter this contest and be notified of future updates - follow me and my fellow host permanently, add this book to your public and private Reading Lists, and give this awards a shout-out (don't forget to tag us there).

5. Mature stories are accepted. Please make sure to specify that in the form.

6. Co-written stories are also accepted.

7. Here's a list of genres we're accepting this time: Action & Adventure, Fantasy, FANFICTION, Contemporary, Historical, Horror, LGBTQ2+, Mystery & Thriller, Paranormal, Romance, Science Fiction, Wild Card AND Sequels (must be standalone).

8. Any doubts or queries are to be asked here, as an outline comment, or a PM to one/both the hosts. The password is the 5th word of Guideline no. 2.