Chapter 7: First Trip Out

Start from the beginning

"I'm fine." I answered through clenched teeth.

"You see very... erm... tense."

"I said I'm fine."

"O..Okay." she sounded sort of nervous. I am not that bad, am I?

No one else talk to me for the rest of the boat journey as they were preoccupied with a giant bridge. By using the wind I could tell the true size of the bridge. I was relieved when we reached dry land and we could get off this damn boat. Everyone seemed to be on high alert and Naruto didn't help by throwing kunai at any little noise or movement in the surrounding forest.

I could sense them. They were close, it has been so long since I had seen them. But I feel like something bad is going to happen.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I felt a disturbance in the air. I sensed a sword flying towards us moments before Kakashi yelled at us to duck. I jumped over the sword as it was about to cut me in half an it latched itself into a tree. I know that sword. As the others picked themselves off the ground a man dropped down onto the sword. I know that man. And he knows me.

"Akako, how nice to see you again."

"Hello Zabuza." I said with a stiff nod. Not far off I could sense Haku's chakra.

"You know him Akako?" asked Kakashi.

"KNOWS ME!? Of course she know me or hasn't she told you yet? Keeping secrets again Akako?"

"Akako what is he talking about?" asked Naruto the confusion clear in his voice. I stayed silent.

"Akako!" Kakashi said. He wants answers. They all want answers. Answers, that I can't give them.

"Silent as ever I see," Zabuza chuckled. "But I'm surprised, you never seemed the type to settle down especially after what happened, and with the leaf at that."

"Zabuza, that's enough." He was saying to much. And I think he realised it.

"Oh sorry Akako forgot but I wonder, so they know about your ... disability?"

"Yes he knows." gesturing to where I believe Kakashi to be standing.

"The real question is ... does he believe you?"

"I am afraid you will have to ask him not me."

"I would love to catch up more Akako, but I have a job to do, so if you would kindly give me that old man and I'll be on my way." I was going to answer him but Kakashi cut me off before I could even open my mouth. He turned to us.

"Everyone get back, he is way out of your league, protect Tazuna," he turned back to Zabuza, "Your fight is with me Zabuza."

"Ah Kakashi of the sharigan, the copy-cat ninja, I will be taking the bridge builder now," I didn't listen anymore. I couldn't get involved in this. I once again disappeared into the trees. I quickly found Haku who was observing the fight. I appeared beside him and before I could react I was pulled into a tight hug.

"I missed you Akako."

"I missed you too Haku." I said as I hugged him back. After a few short minutes he released me. "it's been awhile."

"It has, your with the leaf now?"

"Yes but not for long."

"How so?"

"I am being forced to stay there by the hokage, but only for a month then I can leave." Haku gave a little chuckle. "What?"

"I know you, no one can force you to stay anywhere if you didn't want to."

"Your right I could leave if I wanted to, but it seems like less hassle to just stay the month and be free to go than having more people after me."

"I guess that does make sense." We lasped into silence. "Akako?"

"Yes Haku?"

"Why did you leave?" I knew he was going to ask this.

"Well... I can sense that there getting closer... I... I didn't want you to be put in danger, I thought it would be best to leave, I was scared." I still am. I heard Haku sigh and felt him put his arms around me.

"I'm guessing that's why you want to leave the leaf with no ties as well, if no one tries to come after you they won't get hurt."

"You know me so well Haku."

"You can't spend your whole life running."

"I can try." Haku gave sigh of defeat.

"Well you better get back to your team and I better go save Zabuza again."

"What will he ever do without you?" I said with a slight chuckle. But the smile never reached my eyes, it never does.

"I ask myself that all the time."

"And?"

"I can never think of an answer." We give each other one last hug before going our separate ways.

I stayed hidden as Haku took the 'dead' Zabuza away. I came out of hiding in time to catch Kakashi before he hit the ground. I flung him over my shoulder and began walking towards Tazuna. "Don't worry he isn't dead, just passed out using too much chakra, he will be fine with some rest," I called back to them.

They all walked cautiously behind me. I guess they were not sure if they should trust me or not. Don't blame them really. On arriving at Tazuna's house, his daughter showed us where to put Kakashi and our rooms. I was meant to sleep in beside Sakura but I refused since I didn't sleep and sat in the corner of Kakashi's room. I hope Zabuza is alright.

************************************************************************************************************

A/N: THANK YOU FOR READING!!!!!! please vote or comment ^_^

Again I am really, really, really, really, really sorry it took so long to write... PLEASE FORGIVE ME T.T

I don't know when I will get the next chapter up since I have two essays due next week for school plus the usual homework (stupid school -_-) soooo .... I will try and get it written and up as soon as I can ^_^

p.s PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!!! ^.^

P.p.s Sorry it is so short T_T