Chapter 1: The Beginning

Okay basically this is my first fan-fiction and maybe my last so be nice, I started reading some of them and thought I would give it a go myself. DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO AND ALL THAT STUFF SO...Yeah ... HERES THE STORY ^_^

************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 1

I dragged my feet as I walked through the village keeping my eyes on the ground ahead of me never once looking up. My long black hair hid my face from passers-by hiding the most resent bruise that has been added to the collection around my 6 year old body. Not that it mattered if they see them or not as all the villagers ignored me, I guess it made their lives easier to pretend I don't exist. The only one who shows me any sort of kindness is my older brother Kaori; he is 7 years older than me. I do have an older sister Misumi, who is actually my twin so she is only older than me by 8 minutes. She just ignores me like the rest of the village unlike my parents who think they need to 'teach me a lesson'. What for? I don't know neither does my brother and I know he isn't lying as I have always been able to tell if someone is being honest or not. Comes in handy, well sometimes, you learn that in life there is times you don't wish to believe the truth.

I was born with black hair and red eyes unlike my sister who was born with blond hair and blue eyes like the rest of the Akiyama clan. I was wearing a simple black loose jumper with a black skirt and black shoes. My hair went down to my waist and I had a side fringe covering my right eye. My skin was slightly tanned again unlike the rest of the clan who's skin was almost white. I never understood why I was different form the rest of the people and truthfully I was too scared to ask my parents since I would probably be punished.

It was dark when I finally made it back to the house. I opened the front door and walked in I headed straight for my room. As I passed the room where we eat I heard my name being called. Looking up I seen my family around the table staring at me. "Yes father?" I asked my voice so quiet I was surprised he even heard me; my eyes pinned on the wall behind him.

"Where have you been?" he asked me in a harsh voice.

"I went for a walk around the village." I was actually in the forest around the village but I couldn't tell him that as it was forbidden for anyone to leave the boundaries of the village wall. They still train people to become ninja, I guess in case of an attack, but no one knows we actually exist anymore. Our village is situated in mountains between the land of fire and the land of wind. Many fear the surrounding forest and mountains from the many myths and legends. I was pulled out of my thoughts when a giant bang echoed throughout the room. My eyes connected with his.

"DON'T LIE!" he shouted at me.

"Where else could have I been father?" I asked calmly. I could feel the fear creeping up inside me, he couldn't possibly know.

"You were seen," he stood up, walked around the others and came to stop right in front of me, "climbing over the wall out of the village then coming back in 4 hours later, now, how can that be possible if you were in the village, like you say."

"I..I.....I..." I stuttered taking a step back trying to think of a excuse.

"You know the punishment for leaving the village, do you not?" he said with a sinister smile on his face. I nodded starting to shake slightly. "What is it, remind me?" I stared at him with wide eyes. "ANSWER ME!"

"Death." I breathed out.

"We can't go against our laws now can we." I watched as he pulled out a kunai from his belt. I took a couple steps back, stumbling, and falling onto my back.

"NO!" I see Kaori stand in front of me with his own kunai raised. "YOU CAN'T SHE IS YOUR DAUGHTER AND OUR SISTER." I climbed to my feet and fisting the back of Kaori's shirt in my hands I rested me forehead against his back, as tears travelled down my face.