Chapter 7: First Trip Out

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN OR CLAIM TO OWN NARUTO ... (although I secretly wish I did... well it's not much of secret anymore... yeah ... errr ... I will shut up now -_- )

SORRY FOR THE WAIT!!!!!! T_T

************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 7

***AKAKO'S POV***

I stood with my back resting against the side of the gate. I was first to arrive at the gate which I wasn't really surprised at. We were going on our first C rank mission. The team had been doing D rank missions, I just sat and watched ignoring Kakashi's orders. I didn't want to be apart of the village anyway never mind apart of the team. I heard footsteps coming closer. They stopped and leaned against the wall a few feet away from me. We stood in silence not one of us said a word. All that could be heard was a shuffle of feet and the wind. The silence was broken by a new arrival.

"HEY SASUKE! SASUKE!" I believe Sakura has now arrived and the first arrival was Sasuke. But I'm just guessing. Sakura pretended I didn't exist and went to bother Sasuke. I noticed that Sakura seemed to bully Naruto but bowed down at Sasuke's feet. I almost felt sorry for Naruto. The rest turned up not long after. The guy we were escorting back to his home to build some bridge kept on making insults at us. I could smell the alcohol off him. It brought me back to the horrors of my past which I had tried so hard to forget. I decided to keep my distance from him. With a few words we left. You never know maybe I won't have to come back.

Naruto had ran ahead saying how this was his first time out of the village to explain why he is so excited. I knew that Kakashi had been told to watch me in case I tried to make a run for it. I guess there smarter than they look. My senses where on full alert as we travelled but the others seemed pretty laid back, well except for the drunkard, he seemed tense.

***

We have been travelling for a couple hours and the previous excitement is now none existent. I walked behind everyone else except Kakashi who I could sense was keeping a firm eye on me. I don't know if he actually believes or even remembers that I am blind. The small talk between everyone came to an abrupt stop as we were attacked. I slipped into the cover of the trees and 'observed'. I may seem heartless but if any of them was in real danger I wouldn't stop in helping them, even if I don't fully trust them all. I stayed in the shadows as Kakashi handled the two ninja who tried to hide. Very badly may I add. "Well done Sasuke and Sakura, Naruto I'm sorry I didn't expect you just to freeze up like that and Akako why didn't you help!? What happened to teamwork!" Kakashi seems angry with me, nothing new then.

"You didn't need my help."

"And how did you come to that!? One of your teammates was injured!" By the sound of it, Kakashi was pointing at Naruto.

"Your all still alive." I said simply before walking over to Naruto. "There is poison in your wound, if you don't get it out it will spread throughout your body and you will die." I could sense the demons chakra trying to heal the wound. I gave a quick 'look' at Kakashi before going standing by the two tied up ninja as Kakashi dealt with the hysterical Naruto. Naruto surprised me by stabbing himself to get rid of the poison, well that's one way to get rid of it.

***

My fists clenched around the edge of the wooden seat. I hate boats. It makes it harder for me to sense things. It's really just the boat, in the water I can sense things a lot easier by using the water part of my kekkei genkai. You can say this is one of my weaknesses, but I intend to keep that a secret. "Are you alright Akako?" I heard Naruto ask.