Chapter 1

It was lunchtime at the academy for young Vampires. Everyone had a friend group to go to and the school ran smoothly. At the academy students were taught to respect their elders and everyone in between.

"Guys, I'm coming," called a young girl. Her name was Inky and she had black hair and red eyes, pretty much your average Vampire. She was the only girl with black hair. All the other girls had dyed their hair or had a different hair color from birth. No one liked having black hair because the Human boys would target them and harass them or even sexually assault them. They even dared each other to do it cause they thought it was funny.

"We thought you were in trouble. What took you so long," One of the girls in the group asked.

"Sorry, I just had to pick up my daily blood bag, that's all," Inky held up a plastic bag.

"Were you not able to get to the blood bank?" A girl asked. She had blue eyes and purple hair. Her name was Yuri and she was Inky's best friend.

"Yeah. Did you all get there," Inky asked.

"I got there a day late, but they held it for us," Another girl said. This girl had blue hair and blue eyes and her name was Willow. "I feel like the Humans are on rapped fire these days."

"Yeah, in fact, I heard that there was a massacre in NY and 20 were reported dead," Yuri said. "My cousin was a block away when it happened. I am so glad that he is safe."

"Wow," Inky said.

"I bet that our neighborhood is next," Willow said.

"Why do you say that?" Yuri asked.

"Because after NY, Bridgeport is the largest Vampire inhabited city in the US," Willow said.

"Well, maybe they will see that they are wrong and will stop all his," Inky said. She hated all this violence.

"Have either of you gotten hit yet?" Willow asked. Inky and Yuri had confusion written all over their faces. "Like attacked by any boys yet?"

"No, but I heard that a girl at our school just got hit," Inky said.

"I heard that the boy that did it tried to bite her neck but then she turned into a cat and ran away," Yuri said.

"I'm just glad that I haven't been hit or targeted yet," Inky said.

The bell rang, sounding the end of lunch, and the children started to go inside.

 When the school got out, the children got on busses, even if you were only 2 blocks away. The bus was safer.

When Inky got home, Yuri got off the Bus with her. Yuri lived right next to Inky. Inky ran inside to grab a hat and Yuri did the same. They were going to enjoy the beautiful day.

Inky came out and sat on her steps waiting for Yuri. When Yuri came out she was carrying an inflated beach ball.

"Ketch, Inky," Yuri yelled as she tossed the ball to Inky. Inky caught the ball and threw it back.

"Your turn to ketch, Yuri," Inky called back. Yuri caught the ball and the girls through it back and forth.

"Inky, It's time to eat," Called out Inky's dad.

"Sorry I have to go," Inky said to Yuri. Then Yuri's mom called out that Yuri's food was ready, too.

"Looks like I have to go too," Yuri said.

The girls waved goodbye and went inside to eat.