Intro (Revamped)

Araya 8 years later

It has been eight years since you have last seen the Royal's. There have been many changes that occurred in our family. We have added a new addition to the family. I had a baby boy that I named Jaiani. Santiago wanted him to be a Jr. I disagreed with that decision.

I like Santiago's name but not enough to name my child after him. I also want my kids to have their own name. Of course, Santiago did not like the name at first. In his words he believed it was feminine for a boy.

This school year we have a sophomore and a freshman. Alexis and Arya attend the same high school. King and Jaiani are in elementary school together. King is in his last year in elementary school grade, and Jaiani is a third grader.

Santiago and I have been working on our relationship. Teaching one another how to communicate better for us. Like other couples, we have difficulties. Whenever we have altercations, it seems like we become closer together each time. I walked into this knowing that a marriage is not supposed to be perfect.

Lita lives two hours away from us. She met a man at the grocery store three years ago, and she has been living her best life with him. We rarely hear from her now.

I was cleaning the kitchen until I heard laughing. I stopped what I was doing and walked down the hallway. I put the children to bed before I started cleaning the house. I knocked on the door before I opened it.

"Why are you still up?" I asked Arya walking into the room.

"That wasn't me." Arya said.

"Really?" I asked her "I can guarantee you, that all of your siblings are asleep except for you." I said.

"Not King." She said.

"How do you know?" I asked her.

"Ma." She said. I walked across the hallway to King's room. Arya was indeed correct he was sitting at his desk playing his gaming system. I told him to turn it off an hour ago.

"King?" I asked him.

"Mama, this is the last game I swear." He said.

"King turn the game off now." I said to him.

"Ma, I'm almost done." He said.

"I don't know what's gotten into you or your sister." I said shaking my head. I walked back to Arya's room.

"Who are you on the phone with?" I asked her.

"Nobody." Arya said.

"Give me the phone, I'm not playing with you tonight." I said walking towards her.

"He's just a friend." She said.

"Friend my ass, hand over the phone." I said to her. I walked back to King's room.

"King if I have to tell you one more time to get your ass off of the game." I said scolding him.

"Y'all think this is a joke?" I asked them. They both started laughing. "I'll let Santiago handle it then." I said walking out of King's room.

"Ma don't do that." King said standing up. I bumped into Santiago.

"Deal with these kids." I said to him walking away.

Santiago

"How hard is to listen to your mama?" I asked them.

"What did I do?" King said.

"Who are you on the phone with?" I asked Arya.

"Nobody." Arya said.

"Give me the phone, and I'm not asking again." I said to her. She stood up and handed me her phone. "Who the fuck is this?" I asked her.

"My name is Lexer. Now give my shorty her phone back, you are blocking." The boy said over the phone. I started laughing.

"Listen young buck, Arya is not allowed to be on the phone this late with anybody." I said hanging up the phone. "Stop telling him whatever you have been telling him. You are going to school to learn; you are not there to get attention from boys. You are on punishment." I said to her.

"Punishment for what?" She asked me.

"Your mother already asked for your phone, you took it upon yourself to not give it to her. You know you are not supposed to be on the phone this late, especially with boys." I said to her.

"Daddy it wasn't that serious." She said.

"It was, and I am not going to argue with you about it. You are on punishment end of discussion." I said, ending the conversation with her.

"I swear I hate you." Arya said slamming her door.

"Now why are you still up?" I asked King.

"I was playing the game." King said.

"Every night you know what time you are supposed to be sleep. What is different about tonight?" I asked him.

"It's almost Friday, and my friends were still on the game they needed me I couldn't get off." He said.

"Pack it up." I said to him.

"I have to pack up my gaming system, because I was helping my friends win the game?" King asked me.

"No, you're packing the gaming system up because you weren't following the rules." I said to him. I walked out of King's room and into our master bedroom.

"I don't know what else to do with them, punishment doesn't work on them anymore." Araya said sitting on the bed.

"Just be firm with them, I'll have a talk with them tomorrow." I said to her.

"I am tired of kids not listening. I go to work kids do not listen, I come home kids do not listen." Araya said.