Go || 16

(chase atlantic - friends (sped up)

Kamaria Lunas

After Zayne had showered and his mom dragged me to dinner, I was sat on the far right from him and next to his mother. "Ma, fue una sola vez," he finally speaks after she berated him and flicked his head for leaving out a bottle cap.

(Spanish to English | "Ma, it was one time.")

"One time, my ass. Kamaria, does your mother allow that?" I flatten my lips, well my mother is dead..."Uhm," Zayne turns his head to me, his eyebrows raised that I decided to respond at all, I shrug it off. "My mother was very sweet, so I don't think she did."

"Was..." Lia rubs at her temples, "I'm so sorry, my dear. I didn't know, it was rude of me to bring her up without thought." Something told me she was lying, especially based off the way she reacted earlier to my mommas name. "It's fine."

She takes her fork and wraps it around her pasta, biting out of it. "In all honesty, I like you better than Mercedez." She mutters under her breath, Zayne runs a hand down his face. I chuckle, Mercedez was all talkative and annoying.

My attention is followed when Liam walks in, Lia jumps out of her seat and hugs him tightly which he reciprocates. "Hey, ma." Her pats her back when she lets go. "Thank you for saving me, Zayne was about to kick me out."

While those two are preoccupied talking, I feel Zayne's eyes burn onto the side of my head. "How'd your mom die?" Really? Really? Out of all things I expected him to reprimand me for even making conversation with his mother, now he's asking about mine.

I shrug, "Car crash." I lie, he notices. Biting my inner cheek when he rolls his sleeves up and shows his tattooed, large arms.

Zayne's brows drop when he catches a glimpse of something on my back. I tense, if he saw those scars from my nightmares..."What the fuck are those?" I'm proved correct when he stands up and leans on the table right next to my seat, crossing his arms.

"What's what? Omg, look, is that Liam flirting with your mom?" I point to anywhere in the room to change the subject, he doesn't buy it. "Liam flirts with my mom all the time, so I'll repeat myself. What are those, Kamaria?"

"It's...Halloween makeup." I say the first thing on my mind, eyes closing in embarrassment of my dishonesty. 

He turns his head to take a glass of wine from the table, leaning his head back gives me a view of his muscled neck and adams apple. Looking back at me he says, "Oh yeah?" His deep voice and Italian accent sends shivers down my spine. I nod, gently.

Let it go. Let it go. Let it go. 

Narrowing his electric eyes, his jaw ticks, once, twice, his tattooed hand and cold rings meet my throat and lifts my chin up to meet his gaze. "You wanna lie again? See what happens, piccina." 

The butterflies in my stomach that I had locked away go wild. His thumb caresses the little scar I had on my jaw and then meets my collarbone. He traces it and locks his eyes on mine when he tilts his head.

Zayne's finger then runs down my shirt, tracing my cleavage and resting above my erect nipples. He rubs against it and circles it, when I let out a shivered breath he pinches it. Stings run through my skin, he backs up with a curse and shakes his head.

"You know, maybe I should go after that Raize guy. He'd look better with a bullet in between his forehead."

I snap my head towards him, "Don't you fucking dare." I stand up, looking at his electric eyes even though he stands over me. "You can fuck with me all day, but not my fucking friends, Zayne."