012

                                                 . SURVIVAL GAME . .៹♡
                                                  CHAPTER TWELVE
                                                 ─── STRATEGY

៹♡                                                   CHAPTER  TWELVE                                                 ─── STRATEGY

Velren heard his name being called by Aurora, paired with Finnick's as well. As they pulled away from each other, the two men gave each other an amorous look. Finnick leaned forward to give Velren a swift kiss on his lips. But before Velren even had a chance to react,Finnick grabbed his hand and walked back with him to his sister and the others to hear about the plan.

Most of them couldn't believe what had happened, while others had apparently always known that the two would eventually become a couple. Aurora, for example, grinned proudly. Johanna's mouth were open and  her eyes widened in surprise while Beetee had his mouth frozen in an 'O' shape. Peeta kissed Katniss on the cheek as he had lost a bet they had made a long time ago.

Velren couldn't help but roll his eyes and shake his head at their reactions before he leaned back against the tree opposite Katniss. Finnick  snuggled against Velren's chest while the latter wrapped his arms tightly around him. Velren smiled contentedly before he looked at Beete, who had calmed down like the others.

Beetee stood in the middle of the  six tributes who had gathered around him, and made sure everyone was listening before he spoke. He had a plan, Velren thought curiously. "Where do the Careers feel safest?" Beete asked the group while he fixed his glasses and pushed them up on the bridge of his nose. " The jungle?"

"The jungle's a nightmare." Johanna commented across from Aurora,who nodded in agreement. "Probably here on the beach. " Peeta said, who sat next to Katniss with his machete. Beetee frowned slightly. "Then why are there not here?" he asked the others.

"Because we are here. We claimed it." Aurora answered him after a silence cut through the group for a moment. "And if we left, they would come." Velren remarked, to which Beete nodded in the affirmative.  "Or stay hidden in the tree line." Finnick added within the crook of the neck of his boyfriend.