011

                                                   . SURVIVAL GAME . .៹♡
                                                  CHAPTER  ELEVEN
                                 ─── DECLARATIONS OF LOVE

៹♡                                                   CHAPTER  ELEVEN                                 ─── DECLARATIONS OF LOVE

Velren slowly opened his eyes as he felt a strong pair of arms wrap around his muscular body and gently pull him close. He exhaled shakily and lifted his gaze to look into Finnick's sea-green eyes.

Finnick, whose face was marked with deep concern, held him tightly.  He rubbed Velren's back comfortingly while they looked over together at the tributes from District Twelve, who remained in the same protective embrace.

"Shh, it's okay. It's okay, Vel. Whatever happened in there, whatever you heard, wasn't real. " Finnick whispered softly into Velren's ear while he let him sob gently into his chest. "Is he okay?" Aurora asked her older brother worriedly while she pointed at Velren, who looked at her with a blank expression.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm fine." Velren whimpered softly, his voice carrying a hint of desperation as he tried to keep his composure. But Finnick shook his head silently, a silent gesture that made Johanna clench her jaw and cast a furtive glance at the two of them.

Beside them, Katniss, looking visibly worse than Velren, looked over at Peeta in despair and whispered her sister's name over and over, still believing that the Snows were harming her in some way. "Okay. They won't touch Prim, alright?" Peeta tried to convince her that her sister was fine. Katniss barely nodded in response.

"Your fiancee's right. The whole country loves  your sister,Everdeen,and your brother too,Velren. If they tortured them or even did anything to them.." Johanna scoffed from where she was standing. "Forget the districts, there'd be riots in the damn Capitol." She began walking in a circle while she gripping her axe tightly at her side with a sneer on her face. She turned to look up at the sky before she raised her voice to a shout, "Hey, how does that sound, Snows? What if we . . . What if we set your backyard on fire? You know, you can't put everybody in here!"