Justin's cocky demeanor faltered as my fingers tightened around his throat "Try me, and you'll find out just how serious I am." I said, my voice dropping to a dangerous whisper.

Gasping for breath, Justin's eyes widened in fear, his hands futilely clawing at mine, attempting to pry my fingers away from his constricted windpipe. "Let... go" he choked out, his voice strained and desperate, the panic evident in his eyes as he struggled for air.

I shouldn't let go.

The memory of Emery's tear-streaked face, her trembling voice, fueled the fire within me, driving me to maintain my hold, to make him understand the gravity of his actions.

But as I glanced towards my car where I knew Emery waited, I hesitated.

I couldn't subject her to that darkness, couldn't let her see the depths to which I was capable of descending in defense of her honor. She deserved better than to witness such brutality, to be burdened with the weight of my rage.

"You're lucky she's nearby, or you'd be dead by now," I growled through clenched teeth, my grip on his neck loosening as I pushed him away. His gasps for air were like music to my ears, a testament to the power I held over him in that moment.

But Justin, always defiant, met my glare with a twisted smirk. "You want her, huh? Is that what all this is about?"  he sneered, his voice dripping with contempt. "She belongs to me. And you? Pathetic for even entertaining the thought that you could win her over. You're nothing."

He wanted to hurt me. And for a moment, he succeeded.

The words cut through me like a knife, igniting a firestorm of rage within me. Without a second thought, I lashed out, delivering another punishing blow to his already battered face. The sound of my fist connecting with his flesh echoed through the night, a grim reminder of the violence that lurked just beneath the surface.

"You don't deserve her" I spat back, my voice dripping with disdain.

As Justin lunged towards me, his fists clenched in a futile attempt to retaliate, I swiftly dodged his attack, delivering another powerful blow.

He crumpled to the ground, defeated and powerless against my resolve. My fingers tightened around his collar, a surge of satisfaction coursing through me at the sight of him cowering before me.

"Start looking" I commanded, my voice cold and commanding

"What—" Justin began, but his words were cut off.

With a swift and decisive motion, I cast him into the darkness of the lake, the frigid waters enveloping him in their icy embrace with a resounding splash. The sound echoed through the night, a chilling testament to the severity of our confrontation.

He had thrown Emery's necklace with callous disregard, knowing full well its significance to her. In response, I had thrown him into the cold embrace of the lake, wanting him to feel the same sense of loss and helplessness.

As Justin resurfaced, his fury unabated, I turned away without a backward glance, making my way to the car where Emery waited.

"You'll regret this, Grayson!" His voice echoed across the water

My fist clenched instinctively, the urge to go back and finish what I started almost overwhelming.

With a heavy heart, I resisted the impulse, forcing myself to focus on the task at hand.