Maya/Lucas

LUCAS

As I walk foreward, our eyes meet, and I can feel my heart thundering in my chest. Even if this beautiful girl isn't Maya, she's still gorgeous, and I know she will be mine. She blushes, and looks away now that she sees our eyes are locked. I take her small, soft hand. "Excuse me ma'am. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful you look tonight." I say, my cowboy coming through. My compliment makes her blush even more, and she smiles. "Thanks." 

The song stops, and I can hear Billy's voice on the microphone. "Sorry everyone, but I would like to dedicate this next song to that beautiful girl who just arrived." Jealousy filles my heart, and I ask the girl, "Would you like to dance with me?" She smiles, a faint blush on her cheeks from the announcement. "Of course." I put my hands on her tiny waist, and she puts her hands around my neck. I breathe her scent in. It's like lavander and vanilla. Floral, yet sweet. Wonderful... almost as wonderful as she is.

MAYA

I see jealousy in the handsome boy's eyes as he hears the announcement. "Would you like to dance with me?" He asks. His accent is so familiar, and different. It IS Lucas! "Of course." I say as I wrap my arms around his neck. I feel as though we could stay like this forever. Just me and him, spinning on the dance floor. He's so charming. His scent is all around me. It's deep, and woodsy like sandalwood.

"So ma'am, would you mind telling me your sweet name?" Lucas asks. "No! That would completely ruin the magic of this moment!" I say. Not to mention the magic of the rest of my life! "Okay. What if I guess your name?" He asks. That actually might not be a bad idea. I can finally be the real me. The me who loves being in this dress. Who wants to become someone, and have a family. Who wants to be with Lucas, my bestfriends biggest crush. The boy I have to pretend I despise. "Sure. Ask away." I say.

LUCAS

As I listen to the slow song, I realize it's OUR song. I need to know with whom this song I share. "So ma'am, would you mind telling me your sweet name?" I ask. I can already tell she knows mine. Who else on this school would say things like ma'am. "No!" She laughs. Her laughter is so light, almost like bells. "That would ruin the magic of this moment!" She exclaims. I'm slightly disappointed. The girl who I finally find won't even tell me her name. 

"Okay, what if I guess your name?" I ask. She thinks about it. She can take all the time she needs. All I need is her next to me. Her pale figure next to my tanned one. I could look forever at how the light bounces off her lace covered arms. As I look closer at her, I notice that we even kind of match. My silver tie and her silver shoes and accessories. She snaps me out of my reverie with her musical voice. "Sure. Ask away." 

"Whats your favorite color?"

"Purple or white." Maya's is purple and black.

"Favorite band?"

"Selena Gomez and the Scene." Maya likes screamo.

"Favorite food?"

"Anything Chinese or Italian." Maya liked frozen pizza or a tuna melt.

"Favorite store?" 

"Bliss." Maya hates shopping. Was I wrong? Is this girl not who I thought she was? I could have sworn that she was and is Maya Hart. There's only one way to find out.

"What's your family like?"

MAYA

As he asks me the questions, I'm completely fine. Until he asks, "What's your family like?" I can feel myself freeze. I want to be a hundred percent honest with him, and just as I'm about to speak, the song ends. I hug him. "Thanks for asking me to dance, I had a great time!" I say and start to walk away, but he grabs my hand. "Wait! Won't you stay with me? I'd love to hang out with you." "Okay sure." I say. I can't believe LUCAS FRIAR wants to hang out with ME....when he doesn't even know who I am! He gets a look on his face. "It's a little loud in here. Want to go somewhere quieter?" He asks, his eyebrows rising. "Why not?" I say. He smiles.