𝟐𝟎

Zeynep, what's going on? You're not fine, and I can see that, Halil Ibrahim said, his voice firm but gentle. Zeynep took a deep breath, trying to come up with a convincing excuse. Halil Ibrahim, I'm just...depressed and stressed, that's all... Tamer's situation is weighing heavily on me, and I'm so much worried about it. Halil Ibrahim's eyes narrowed slightly, but he didn't press her further. I understand, Zeynep. We're all worried about this situation. But please, take care of yourself too. You're not alone in this. Zeynep nodded, feeling a mix of relief and guilt. She was grateful that Halil Ibrahim believed her lie, but she knew she was putting him and others at risk by keeping her secrets. As Halil Ibrahim left her room, Zeynep felt a sense of unease. She knew she couldn't keep up this charade for much longer. But for now, she had to continue the lie, no matter how heavy it felt.
Eda Nur brought her soup and started comforting her. After Eda Nur's comforting words, Zeynep felt a sense of relief wash over her. Eda Nur handed her a warm bowl of soup, and Zeynep gratefully accepted, savoring the comforting flavors.
As she finished her soup, Zeynep felt her eyelids growing heavy, and Eda Nur encouraged her to rest. Zeynep lay down, feeling a sense of exhaustion wash over her. Just as she drifted off to sleep, she heard the sound of footsteps outside her room. She recognized the firm stride of her elder brother, Fikret. Fikret entered the room, his eyes scanning Zeynep's sleeping form before turning to Eda Nur. How is she? he asked quietly.
Eda Nur nodded. She's resting now. As they spoke, Zeynep slept fitfully, unaware of the discussions taking place around her.
Fikret entered the room, his eyes scanning Zeynep's sleeping form before turning to Eda Nur. I came here to talk to Halil Ibrahim, he said quietly. Eda Nur nodded. He was just here, Fikret. He's worried about Zeynep's health. Fikret's expression turned serious. I need to speak with him. Where can I find him? Eda Nur gestured toward the door. He's in the courtyard, Fikret. But be careful, please. We don't know what's going on. Fikret nodded and left the room, his long strides carrying him quickly through the hallway and out into the courtyard, where Halil Ibrahim was pacing back and forth, deep in thought.

Fikret approached Halil Ibrahim, his eyes blazing with determination. Halil Ibrahim, we need to talk. Halil Ibrahim turned to face him, his expression guarded. What is it, Fikret?  Fikret's voice was firm. I want my sister back, Halil Ibrahim. I can't risk her life anymore. Halil Ibrahim raised an eyebrow. What do you mean? Fikret's jaw clenched. I know she's caught up in this revenge game of yours, but I won't let her be a pawn anymore. She's my sister, and I won't let her be hurt because of your feud with the our family. Halil Ibrahim's expression turned cold. You don't understand, Fikret. This is bigger than just a feud. It's about justice. Fikret's eyes flashed with anger. Justice? You call putting my sister's life at risk justice? I won't let it happen, Halil Ibrahim. I want her out of this, now.

Halil Ibrahim's expression turned icy, his voice low and menacing. You dare to shout at me, Fikret? Your family is the one who killed mine. You have no right to lecture me about justice. Fikret's face paled, his anger deflating in the face of Halil Ibrahim's words. Fikret took a step back, his eyes filled with a mix of guilt and sorrow. Halil Ibrahim, I... I didn't know. I'm sorry.
Halil Ibrahim's laughter was bitter. Sorry? Sorry isn't enough, Fikret. Your sister is caught up in this because of your family's actions. She's a pawn in a game much bigger than you can imagine.
Fikret's eyes narrowed, his voice firm. Halil Ibrahim, I need to know something. Do you accept Zeynep as your wife, or is she just a piece of garbage for you to use in your revenge game? Halil Ibrahim's expression faltered for a moment, before he admitted, She's my wife, Fikret.  Fikret's face set in a determined expression. Then marry her properly, here, in front of our families and community. Everyone knows she's still in America, Halil Ibrahim. You can't keep using her as a pawn in your game. She deserves better. Halil Ibrahim's eyes widened in surprise, clearly not expecting Fikret's suggestion. Marry her properly? Are you insane, Fikret? We are at war!
Fikret's voice was firm. Exactly, Halil Ibrahim. And what better way to end this senseless feud than with a marriage between our families? It's the only way to bring peace and end this cycle of revenge.

Halil Ibrahim's expression softened, and he rubbed his chin thoughtfully. I never thought of it that way, Fikret. But what about our families' hatred for each other? How can we overcome that?
Fikret's eyes sparkled with determination. Leave that to me, Halil Ibrahim. I'll talk to my family, and I'm sure we can come to some sort of understanding. But you need to meet me halfway. You need to be willing to let go of your revenge and work towards a future together.
Halil Ibrahim nodded slowly, a small smile playing on his lips. I think I can do that, Fikret. For Zeynep's sake, and for the sake of our families' future. Fikret's face broke into a wide grin. Then it's settled! We'll start making arrangements for the wedding immediately. And I'll make sure to keep your secret safe until then. Halil Ibrahim's eyes narrowed, a hint of mischief in his voice. And what about Zeynep, Fikret? Does she know about this little plan of ours?
Fikret's grin faltered for a moment, before he recovered.  Let's keep it a secret from Zeynep for now, Halil Ibrahim. We'll plan a surprise for her. When the time is right, you can ask for her hand in marriage, and we'll reveal our plan to her. Halil Ibrahim's face lit up with a smile. I like it this idea Fikret! Halil Ibrahim's eyes sparkled with excitement. Fikret nodded, his mind already racing with ideas. "I'll take care of everything, Halil Ibrahim. Just be ready to ask for her hand, and we'll do the rest."
As they shook hands, a plan was set in motion to surprise Zeynep with a marriage proposal and a wedding that would unite two families and end a long-standing feud.
Without knowing about the eternity of pain that was standing in their way.