Works!

***

I was done with my side of preparation on time. Choosing a dress for a party wouldn't have been a task in other circumstances, but I just can't be unimpressive in front of Agastya's teammates. I would have to put in at least some effort.

I decided to wear a blue anarkali with floral print. The dress as a whole was contrasting with pink pants and dupatta. It was simple and elegant. When I entered the living room, the women of his team had already circled around him.

Quite popular amongst women! I am not even surprised.

Plus, all these women looked like they could take anyone down.

Agastya really had a chance with literally any one of them. They all are so beautiful! Why would he chose me–

"Where's our bhabhi?" A guy amongst the group asked.

"She will be right he–"

"Good evening." I said, peeping out from behind Agastya. He was tall enough to hide me.

Overshadow is the right word, stupid.

Two words and they all literally gathered around me. All of them started with the series of congratulations and gifting some or the other thing.

This is not done. I can't take these.

"You people are being too formal." Agastya interfered. I sighed with relief.

"We are not giving these to you, sir. So please, if you could...shut up." A girl from the group spoke. The rest of them started laughing.

Ordering is a soldier's language. Noted.

I looked at Agastya who was as exasperated as I was. I gave him a small smile and he just shrugged.

"So, where did the two of you meet?" One of the girls asked.

Damn! We forgot to get our stories aligned.

"We met in-in a library."

Hell I don't even read.

"Yeah. Last year." The manlied. Thank God.

"Wow! And then?" One of them dreamed.

I don't remember their names.

Wait, we never had a proper introduction. And what's in the name anyway?

Focus. You have to respond to that.

"Well, you are here for your party after my wedding." Agastya saved the day.

"Not fair. Tell us more." One of the other girls whined. I think this was Naina. "Bhabhi, you fill in the details." She was looking straight at me.

"As if you don't know what happens." Aniruddh, his witness at our wedding, turned her curiosity down.

I nodded at him. My eyes then went to Agastya who looked a bit tense. I gave him a small smile with a nod.

"Megha, what do you do?" One of the guys asked.

"I am preparing for my banking exams, and I take tuition for the time being."

"Do you plan to stay here only? I mean in banking jobs posting is decided by the government." The same guy spoke.

A quick introduction would have been nice.

"I guess I will be posted in this state itself."

"But what if its not in Shillong, how will you two manage?" It was one of the girls this time.