1. Megha

"Question number ninety-six is to find out the wrong number from the sequence

"Question number ninety-six is to find out the wrong number from the sequence." Ishika read out from the book.

"Okay," I responded as I sat by the dressing table.

"The sequence is; 1, 2, 6, 24, 120, 620, 5040 and the options are–"

"620 is the right answer." I couldn't let my best friend finish the question, again. In the last two hours, this has happened for the nth time.

She is going to be super annoyed.

"Megha! If you already know the answer then why are you even asking me to help you study? And you just flunked it, didn't you? How did you know without calculating?" She whined.

"It's easy! Every number is in multiplication with their consecutive numbers. One into two is two, two into three is six, and so on. One-twenty into six was supposed to be seven-twenty but it's not there. Simple!" I couldn't help but shrug.

"Man! Your brain works too fast!" She was zoned out, still thinking about the equation.

"Competitive exams churn the shit out of your brain. I can't think of anything straight, you know! I will have to make theories for even the simplest things happening in my life!" I moved to the other corner of the room.

God! When will I stop moving while studying?

No. I just can't sit in one place.

"You just defined both of us as overthinkers in banking language." Ishika lay on my bed with my book on top of her head.

"Enough blabbering! We had to finish a hundred questions by eleven, but now it's quarter to twelve, and we are still left with four!"

"What? It's midnight already? I need to go home. Maa will kill me! I told her I would be back by ten! You finish the rest yourself." Ishika said, thrusting the sample questionnaire in my hands.

"Why are you panicking? It doesn't take you one full minute to get to your place. And it's just twelve, you have gone home around three in the morning, remember?" Just then, something clicked in my head.

"Wait, it's midnight. Why isn't Baba home yet?" I wasn't supposed to say it out loud, but I just cannot worry in silence!

"Call him." Ishika, who was about to cross the threshold of my house, walked back in.

"Yeah." I started looking for my phone.

"Of course, you don't have your phone handy! Who will believe you are a twenty-first-century girl? People are down with phone addiction and this woman forgets her phone like people forget to eat and sleep while scrolling through their phones!" Ishika commented.

"Will you stop with the sarcasm and help me look for it?"

"Where did you keep it?" She stifled a yawn