23 - Orion

Madeline's POV

It was midday. We'd been walking since the morning, having left the cave to continue on the fairies trail now that the whole group was here.

I was walking with Elowen, Calla infront of us, Demetrius behind me with Zaros next to him while the rest of the leaders walked ahead of us, troops in front and the back of the line we'd formed.

I turned my head to face Demetrius behind me as he spoke to the Vampire leader, but each time I did this he would look at me as if he knew I was watching him, giving me a knowing look that would make me blush some more.

After we were done in the woods last night I felt shy, more shy than I'd ever felt around him. We reentered the cave and I was still shy, we went to bed and I was still shy. When I awoke in his arms the next morning, I was still shy.

Demetrius returned the favour like he'd promised, devouring every drop I released eagerly, growling every time I ushered a moan for him, trying to be as quiet as I could but struggled. Part of me was a little shocked I'd had the courage to pleasure him, but I felt sense of pride mostly knowing I'd been able to make him finish, I think I did a good job.

I'd only done it once before, unwillingly, but I was told that I was good, so I could only hope Demetrius felt the same way about it.

I was wearing my cape again, Demetrius was feeling better after our moment under the tree, but still not enough to let me go without wearing it, he didn't want to give the others something to look at, according to him.

"Alpha Renwick seems happier today." Elowen chirped beside me. "It's a shame really, I've always wanted to see a shift happen." She shrugged, I furrowed my eyebrows to her, what a strange thing to say.

"He wouldn't have shifted, he has more control than that." I defended.

"Didn't seem like it when he almost caved his men's skull in, how'd you calm him down anyways?" She queried, giving me a side look, it was a teasing look and one that I knew all too well, Mika would wear the same one when she was being passive aggressive.

"Soulmate magic." I teased back, creating twinkle fingers with my hands, she giggled.

Elowen was technically the same age as me, she was learning about the world at pretty much the same pace as I was, which shocked me a little considering she's supposed to take over for Cressida after all of this.

"I wish witches had soulmates, it would save a lot of time trying to find a good partner." She began to joke, I let out a scoff.

"There's nothing easy about soulmates. It feels like your body isn't yours anymore, like all of a sudden you have a different reason for existing, one that no one prepares you for." I tried to explain, it was hard considering my people don't have soulmates either, I was still learning what it meant to be the soulmate of a werewolf.

"Do you like being the soulmate to an Alpha?" She suddenly asked, I was taken a little aback by her question, I'd never really thought about it.

I turned around to look at Demetrius again, he was no longer talking to Zaros but instead staring right at me, like he'd been looking at me the whole time, they were simply walking behind us.

Embarrassed, I looked back at the path infront of me, hoping Demetrius hadn't been listening in on our conversation.

"There's a bit of comfort in it knowing I'll always be safe around him. Besides the possessive outbursts there's not much to dislike about the whole thing, I know how hard his job is as a leader being the daughter of a leader myself." I answered truthfully. My experience with the werewolf Alpha had been a strange one, for both of us, but I like to think that it was getting better, getting easier at least.