DAY 5. YOUR SMILE IS ALSO SOMETHING I HAVE TO PROTECT

Sunset|Smile|Protect

✿.•° ❀.•° ✿.•° 🌸 °•.✿ °•.❀ °•.✿
After Mitsuki's attack, Boruto decides to return to the village just so he can see the Uchiha princess again.
✿.•° ❀.•° ✿.•° 🌸 °•.✿ °•.❀ °•.✿

Mitsuki had attacked him in the middle of his conversation with Sarada, that did upset him a bit, but well, there was nothing else to do about it.

Unless...

Unless he infiltrated the village, again, making sure no one detected him and sneaked up to the window of the Uchiha princess's room.

Just as he was doing right now.

The sun was beginning to set on the horizon as he hid his chakra and passed the walls surrounding the village, he jumped across the rooftops following the path he remembered leading up to the Uchiha residence.

Once he was outside the house he discreetly jumped up to the window he remembered was hers.

He tapped a couple of times on the glass and waited, no more than five seconds passed when the curtains moved and revealed the person he had been looking for.

The window that separated them opened.

-Boruto?- she looked surprised, she certainly didn't expect to see him again so soon.

-Himself- he greeted her lightly- May I come in?- Sarada seemed to come out of her stupor and nodded immediately.

-Of course- she opened the window wide and stepped aside- Come in, it would be a problem if someone sees you-

-Right- he entered her room and saw how much changed.

-What happened with Mitsuki?- she knew that lately Mitsuki was very impulsive and therefore dangerous.

-He and I had a little talk, and we exchanged a few blows- he muttered remembering what had happened a few hours ago.

-I'm sorry, he and no one have been the same since.... Well, you know...- she sighed tiredly- Will this ever end? Will we go back to the way we were before? Will they.... Will they be able to remember you at some point?- the idea of nothing going back to the way it was before made her shudder, she didn't think she could stand it any longer, besides, there was the imminent risk of Boruto being killed for his supposed betrayal.

-Come on, don't be discouraged- he hit her with his elbow on the side in a friendly way when he saw her gloomy thoughts- we'll see what we can do about that when the time comes, but one thing at a time-

-But what if they...- she didn't want to finish the sentence.

-They kill me?- he said it so easily that it even annoyed her.

-Don't say it like that- she scolded him.

-You don't have to worry about that, I can take care of myself very well, they won't get rid of me so easily- he assured her with his confident tone that he used to use when they were children, hoping to release some tension, but Sarada didn't smile or say anything.

They remained silent for a long time, just as they had been seeing each other for a while, it was a bit awkward. And speaking of what happened earlier....

-I'm actually surprised that you jumped into my arms so soon and the way you saw me- perhaps it would be best to change the subject for the moment, it was clear that Sarada was not at all happy about her current situation as the Leaf's main enemy.

-Are you still at it?- exclaimed the girl with red cheeks, she hoped that after everything that happened she had forgotten about it- I thought you had already forgotten about it...- she muttered more to herself than to him.