DAY 1. COMFORT

Free day|Hug|Baka Boruto

✿.-° ❀.-° ✿.-° 🌸 °-.✿ °-.❀ °-.✿Dusk had always been the time where they could both seek solace next to each other, but this time in each other's arms they could also find and bring peace to their anguished hearts.✿.-° ❀.-° ✿.-° 🌸 °-.✿ °-.❀ °-.✿

Neither of them could believe it, after so long they were together again.

A few hours ago Code had invaded the village along with the filth and when Sarada thought she would have to fight that lunatic who seemed to have something against her (even though she had never seen him) something unexpected happened.

Boruto had appeared out of nowhere on Code's face preventing the white-haired man from even getting close to her.

It was all too fast.

They hadn't been able to talk as they would have liked due to many things, one, everyone was watching them and two, the village was under attack.

To their bad luck they were separated again. But Boruto had promised her he would talk to her later.

After Code ran off and she went to argue with Kawaki and Shikamaru, she went to a small square a bit away from the busy areas of the village and waited for the blond to return, it was a bit naive of her to think that he would show up to her that very day right after so many events, but she wanted to hold out hope that their meeting would be sooner rather than later.

Before long Sumire had joined her and together they waited for Boruto for hours, the sky began to turn orange and the air around them became cooler, and despite having her jacket with her she felt cold.

Sumire suggested giving up today and waiting for him to show up on another day, but Sarada refused to leave that place without seeing Boruto.

Maybe she was being too optimistic for expecting to see him more than once that same day, but she wanted to be enthusiastic.

She and Sumire began a small talk about what happened and as the minutes passed without news of the blond the Uchiha gradually lost hope.

When the sky was completely orange she thought she was wasting her time.

When she was about to give up a low but youthful voice was heard behind her back freezing her blood.

-Sasuke-sensei trusted me and it's all thanks to you, Sarada...-

Both girls had turned around to check that their ears were not deceiving them, finding the figure of a boy they knew very well.

Sarada's heart stopped for a moment, her eyes stung and breathing became difficult.

Boruto on the other hand had gasped, in front of him stood his childhood friend, for the first time in years he was seeing her again. During the invasion he had been afraid to see those he left behind in the place he once called home, he didn't want to see how much they had changed in his absence, he also didn't want to see their faces full of resentment at the sight of him, but what he was most afraid of was seeing that same look on Sarada's face, even though he knew that the moment she left the village she was aware of what had happened with Kawaki, he feared that somehow Kawaki and Ada had changed her as well.

But standing here finally in front of her, looking into her eyes, he thought for a moment that he had been too paranoid. However anxiety grew in him as he saw Sarada's face turn from confusion and surprise to sadness and pain.

A few minutes passed in complete silence where they only looked into each other's eyes without paying attention to anything else around them, neither of them daring to speak.

Undecided as to how to proceed and feeling that he should never have approached him again, Boruto was about to say something else to break the uncomfortable silence, but in less than a blink of an eye he saw a shadow approaching him at high speed and before he could react he felt something crash into his chest infiltrating under his cloak making its way to wrap a pair of limbs around him and clinging to the back of his shirt.

With surprise and insecurity he turned his eyes downward to find a clump of night black hair embedded against his chest and even though he was looking at it he still couldn't believe it.

Sarada was hugging him.

Him.

Despite everything he had put her through he wasn't disowning her or reproaching her for anything, quite the contrary, she was embracing him.

As he felt the slight trembling of the small female body his breathing stopped momentarily as he realized that Sarada Uchiha was crying. He felt his heart ache for that, he never liked to see her this vulnerable let alone hurt, especially if he had been the culprit.

-Baka Boruto, where have you been? You took so long...- he murmured haltingly against his clothes, which led to his voice sounding even more muffled than it already was, but being so close he could hear it perfectly.

Feeling his own eyes burn from the impending tears and coming out of his initial stupor he hesitantly moved to his hands unsure if it was appropriate for a monster like him to touch her, he gently rested the palms of his hands on her back on the Uchihas seal engraved on her jacket and almost as if it were a butterfly floor effect felt the Uchiha's grip grow tighter along with the now clear sound of her sobs.

The sound ended it by breaking it and as she did the tears came out of his eyes and with more security he hugged her tightly against his body keeping them completely together, hiding his face against her hair he could smell that natural perfume that she had always possessed and that always brought him tranquility.

-I'm sorry Sarada, I'm sorry... For taking so long...- he whispered against her head.

The trembling of both bodies together intensified making them rock unconsciously back and forth seeking comfort from each other.

Sumire who was still there watching the scene stood aside and moved a little away to give her friends the privacy they deserved. Even with all the pain in her heart she knew that she was not needed there.

After a few minutes where they wordlessly kept each other company letting each other vent at last it seemed that the crying from both of them diminished, however neither of them separated from the other, in fact, they solidified their grip on each other reluctant to let the other go, fearing that if they did they might never see each other again.

-I missed you....- was what Sarada murmured hoarsely.

Boruto let the words sink deep into his heart and when he finally digested them, they made him shudder, for they were not just words, they were words he had unknowingly longed so much to hear come from her lips and also words he had longed to say.

Taking a deep breath he took courage.

-I missed you too.... And so much....-

Now here in the evening light they were united again.

This is the first One-shot of day one of the week Borusara 2024 I hope you enjoyed it.Thanks for reading! 🦋