thirteen

"yeah, we're the bitterest guys around
& i got myself a citrus friend"

...

the two boys got lost in the hug, basically cuddling now. hyunjin had his head on seungmin's chest & they sat in another comfortable silence.

seungmin let one hand instinctively pet hyunjin's hair, making the older boy smile to himself. "i didn't think we'd ever get this close," he said in a mumble. seungmin scoffed with a smile, but he agreed.

"to be honest, before i met you, i couldn't imagine myself enjoying anyone's company. but now, you're the only exception," seungmin said with a shy smile. hyunjin smiled as well & buried his head into seungmin's shoulder to hide his face. "i feel honored," he muffled.

"are you feeling tired?" seungmin giggled at the sight of the brunette. hyunjin hummed as if to say 'yes', but he lifted his head to look at seungmin, "kind of, but i want to keep talking to you."

seungmin blushed at that, wondering to himself how he found someone that appreciates him & what he says, after feeling isolated for so long. "o-okay, me too. so, what are your hobbies?"

hyunjin loved this question, his face lit up as he spoke about his love for painting, art, & photography. "i realized i loved art like that in high school, when i was taking the electives," he said.

seungmin listened with interest & admiration for hyunjin & his passion. "you'll have to show me your art sometime, i'm sure it looks amazing," he smiled & hyunjin agreed.

"so, i know you like baseball, is there anything else you like to do?" he asked the blonde. seungmin thought for a moment, "i like to bake sometimes," to which hyunjin seemed very interested in.

"we should bake something together one day!" he said in excitement, & seungmin smiled at how enthusiastic he was & at the very fact that hyunjin brought that idea up, "we should, it would be fun."

"what have you baked before?" hyunjin asked. seungmin listed a few desserts; tarts, pies, cookies, & cakes.

"oooh, sounds yummy," hyunjin smiled, "the most i've baked is cookies- using store-bought cookie dough."

seungmin laughed & pet hyunjin's hair again, "that's okay, i make everything from scratch, so when we bake something together one day, you'll learn new things." hyunjin smiled & nodded, leaning into his touch.

they stared at each other like that for a moment, smiling at each other while the blonde patted & played with hyunjin's hair. "hyunjin... did you know that you're really handsome?"

hyunjin giggled a bit, surprised at the sudden compliment but thanked him anyway, "& did you know that you're really cute, seungmin?"

seungmin smiled out of embarrassment & hid his face with his other hand. hyunjin pulled the hand from his face & pecked his cheek, quickly turning the younger into a blushing mess.

seungmin was so flustered that he couldn't form words, & hyunjin just smiled at him, admiring the blush & the shy smile on his face. "you're really too cute."

seungmin gently held hyunjin's chin as he leaned in to kiss his cheek as well. they both let out giggles, & hyunjin was almost as red as seungmin now.

they embraced each other again after their laughter died down, & seungmin planted soft kisses on top of hyunjin's head. the older boy snuggled closer into seungmin's shoulder, "i'm really glad i bumped into you at the convenience store."

seungmin smiled at the bittersweet memory from only just a few days ago. "i'm glad too," he whispered. hyunjin hummed & held seungmin tighter.

...

a/n: OK THIS IS THE ACTUAL FINAL CHAPTER & I KINDA HATE IT 😭🙏 BUT NOW I WANNA MAKE A BONUS CHAPTER WHERE THEY BAKE SMTH TOGETHER🥲 should i ?? reply here!!!