eleven

"lemon boy & i, we're gonna live forever
like snufkin & little my, we'll get around wherever"

...

hyunjin woke up to the sound of his phone vibrating loudly. he checked his notifications with squinted eyes, & to his surprise, saw that seungmin was the one texting him.

seungmin: hey
busy today?

hyunjin only noticed the time after reading the text, it was almost 12 pm. i really need to start going to bed earlier, he thought to himself as he responded.

hyunjin: nope :)
just woke up actually

seungmin: how, it's almost noon

hyunjin: shush
anyways, why do you ask? :3

seungmin: wanna meet at the park?

strangely, hyunjin felt his heart flutter as he read the text. it's not like they haven't hung out at the park together before. will he bring his friends? should hyunjin bring jisung? he pushes his questions to the back of his mind as he types.

hyunjin: sure!
what time?

seungmin: does 1 pm work with you?

hyunjin: yep
i'll be there ^v^

seungmin: :)

hyunjin almost felt like a dork as he smiled helplessly at the simple text from seungmin. he felt energetic now as he got up to get ready for the day. as usual, he left his house on time, arriving at the park at exactly 1 pm.

seungmin arrived a few minutes later, but hyunjin didn't mind waiting. he sat next to hyunjin on the swings, "hey," he said quietly.

"hey, what's up?" hyunjin asked, observing seungmin's slightly uneasy expression.

he seemed to be avoiding eye contact, hyunjin taking note of the contrast between his text & his behavior now. he didn't want to pry, so he let his silence act as encouragement for seungmin to open up.

after a few moments, seungmin slowly pulled back on the swing, & hyunjin did the same as the younger began. "thanks for agreeing to hang out today," he said, still avoiding eye contact.

"of course, you don't need to thank me," hyunjin let out a soft laugh. "we're friends, so i love hanging out with you."

seungmin hummed, "i just... you know i've mentioned how i don't like my parents, but recently it's to the point where i don't even want to be at home with them."

hyunjin pouted & nodded, "i'm sorry. did something happen?"

seungmin shrugged as they went back and forth on the swings, neither of them up very high. "they just expect too much without really being there to support me...they're only home during the night & they push me to do so many things, but not the one thing that i actually want to do."

hyunjin let out a sound of acknowledgement before asking, "baseball?" seungmin nodded at this, continuing once he felt comfortable enough to speak more about it.

"they were never available to help me with homework or assignments when i was in school, but expected me to get straight a's... they're always out at work, & they even encourage me to pursue their careers. they think baseball is a stupid hobby, even though my father got me into it," he rambled, sighing out of annoyance.

"i'm really sorry about that. if it makes you feel any better, i'll support you through any hobbies & careers you choose to pursue!" hyunjin tried to encourage. "& even when i saw you practicing before, you looked professional & involved in the game. you should feel free to do whatever you want with your own life."

seungmin finally turned to make eye contact, & hyunjin smiled at him as they swung past each other. he smiled softly at the black-haired boy, "thanks, hyunjin. i really do appreciate you..."

hyunjin blushed & looked away once more, "i'll always be here for you."

they continued to swing until around 2 pm, when seungmin slowed down by dragging his feet on the mulch. hyunjin copied him.

"wanna get frozen yogurt? there's this place right down the street," seungmin suggested as he got off of the swing. hyunjin beamed, "yes! i love froyo."

seungmin smiled at hyunjin's eagerness, & they started to walk down the road. hyunjin was already planning out his froyo flavor & toppings in his head, smiling to himself as he walked with seungmin.

once they got to the shop, they smiled at the employee at the register & they started to make their cups.

hyunjin dispensed the chocolate froyo into his cup, & added graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, m&m's, marshmallow syrup, & a cherry on top.

meanwhile, seungmin held a cup of citrus flavored froyo with gummy bears, sour gummy worms, strawberry boba, & a cherry on top as well.

hyunjin giggled to himself as he noticed the difference in their frozen yogurt cups. "we should try each other's after we pay- oh shoot, i left my wallet at home!" hyunjin facepalmed as seungmin shook his head with a soft smile.

"it's okay, i was going to pay for the both of us anyway," seungmin said as he put their cups on the counter. hyunjin felt embarrassed but grateful for seungmin's gesture. "thanks..."

after seungmin paid, the two boys grabbed their cups & the colorful spoons from the counter, & they thanked the cashier as they left.

the pair walked aimlessly as they ate their frozen yogurt. seungmin held his spoon out for hyunjin, "you wanted to taste each other's, right?"

hyunjin blushed a bit & tasted from seungmin's spoon, his face scrunching as he tasted the many different sour flavors at once. seungmin laughed at him, & hyunjin took another taste of his own to cancel out the taste. "bleh! too sour!"

"here, taste mine now," he offered his spoon to seungmin. the younger tasted the sweet combination of flavors & smiled softly as he handed the spoon back to hyunjin. "sweet, i like it."

they were walking further down the road, in the opposite direction of the park that they met up at. "where are we going?" hyunjin said as he continued eating his froyo.

"dunno, but we're near my house, if you wanna go?" seungmin suggested quietly.

hyunjin was slightly surprised by seungmin's recent behaviors compared to when they first met, but he was proud, in a way, that he was able to get seungmin to warm up to him. "sure!"