From Eve's Journal: March 27, 2030

My dear journal — and to whoever may find this sometime in the future — humanity in this epoch has been the victim of the greatest psy-op ever perpetrated.

It's almost admirable in a Marvel Villain sort of way.

First, let me stress, because Gabriel stressed it repeatedly to me, what is coming our way is not a punishment from God.

We are neither the body of Christ nor God's footstool.

We are the adolescent version of a species destined, like all species, for timeless, ageless perfection — a wholly unique, sparkling facet of the infinitely-faceted Oneness that is "the kingdom and the power and the glory" of God forever.

Killing off all but a handful of vessels and resetting the Guff isn't vengeful. It's the souls that matter, not the vessels, and this reset, like all the others, will mean a fresh start for the children God loves after a very long string of really bad choices.

God doesn't reward bad choices with two tickets to Paradise any more than a good parent rewards a tantrum with a lollipop.

The good parent stops the screaming child from banging its head on the table and smacking a puppy because it didn't get its way or doesn't want to eat its veggies and puts their little shit in time out.

A parent then forgives their little darling and gives it the tools and the space to find a better way to be.

And a good parent never, ever stops loving or believing in their offspring's potential for greatness.

It is the good, loving parent who knows their child must sometimes fail and commits to inspiring them to believe they have within them the power to overcome that failure.

All the wars, all the cataclysms, all the crops that fail and hearts that get broken and children that get buried and civilizations that crumble are all brief but necessary and, yes, often painful, teaching moments to an infinitely patient Father who knows, with absolute certainty, that all of His naughty, impulsive, obstinate children will ultimately succeed.

Just not quite yet.

Because it's almost that time again, folks, when the only soul green-lit for reincarnation in the Guff is pulled off the bench and sent to Earth.

When that child is born, all human souls in existence will be in one of two places: On the planet, or in the case of the more "recently departed," in the Guff, still reviewing the life they just lived or awaiting the conception and birth of their next vessel.

As the mind-bending laws of probability dictate, there is a time in every "turn" when this will, with certainty, occur. A time when there will be, on all of Earth, one woman in labor with the last human soul who will be born in their epoch.

When that happens, when that child breathes in its first gulp of Earth's air and announces its arrival with a mighty cry, it triggers a cosmic sound check.

Hermes Trismegistus, with a major assist from Thoth, got it right: As Above, so Below.

If the harmonic resonance of human souls matches the harmonic resonance in Paradise, all human souls will be raptured and will walk through the pearly gates together.

If, on the other hand, the frequencies are off, by a hair or by a mile, the reset mechanism is triggered.

Earth finds the most efficient way to drastically reduce the number of people stomping on her lawn, and the majority of human souls gather in the Guff to debrief with the Elohim.

There, all questions are answered, and, after a brief pause for Gaia's attitude adjustment, the remaining humans on Earth start getting their groove back, new vessels are conceived, and the reincarnations begin again.