4 - The Ball

Sebs pov

'Where is he' I panic. I was pacing the living room 'I'm here' he pants rushing into the room 'where were you?' I ask 'I was helping a guest' he says. 'Your highness, we are ready for you' Jasper says 'thank you Jasper' I smile. Jasper was Rose's butler, he used to sneak us late night snacks but also make our favourites chocolate biscuit cake and Rocky Road which changed slightly if it was Easter as he added small chocolate eggs, mini eggs.

'You look so handsome Seb, Rose would be speachless' uncle Leo says 'thank you uncle, likewise' I smile. We place our Masks on 'let's make her proud' uncle smiles. 

'Please welcome their royal highnesses King Leon and Prince Sebastian' trumpets sound and we walk out side by side. Standing for the national anthem we then walk down the steps to greet our guests. My eyes scan the room. 'Thank you all for coming' uncle Leo says 'tonight is a fundraisers in honour of my Niece Princess Rose who sadly lost her life 19 years ago, the charities honored here tonight were close to her heart. One in particularly is a charity for resuce horses. Princess Rose loved horses, she loved riding. She especially enjoyed riding with Prince Sebastian both on their rescue horses from the charity.' I smile at his kind words memories of 6 and 7 year old us choosing our horses.  'Please enjoy the night, and dance, eat, drink and be merry' uncle concludes. 'Wonderful speach Uncle leo' I smile. 

As guests come up to greet up I eye Chris talking to someone in the corner, she looks so beautiful. I go onto the floor for a dance a woman and her daughters aproach me, I recognise them from a few days ago. 'Can one of my daughters have a dance?' She asks. Behind them my eyes land on the person Chris was talking to 'please excuse me' I say moving between them 'mother' the complain 'I want to dance with the Prince' one say 'I do. I want to be his princess' the other argues. 'No thank you' I think. Rose is well was the only one for me.

'Please may I have this dance?' I ask the lady in a Rose gold dress and mask, she looks to the side before back to me smiling. 'You may' her soft voice says. I hold my hand out for her to take which she does and i lead her to the center of the floor to dance. 'You look beautiful' I smile 'thank you, your highness' she smiles 'you look handsome yourself' she adds. She has stunning blue eyes.  'I enjoyed that dance' I smile. 'Could we talk outside?' I ask  'of course your highness' she replies.  'Please call me seb' I tell her 'of course seb' she replies 'could you tell me your name?' I ask.

Rose's pov

'could you tell me your name?' Seb asks me.

'Aura' I reply 'you have a beautiful name Aura' seb says as we stand on the balcony 'I feel like we've met before' seb says turning to face me 'I don't think so your highness' I reply, he looks at me 'I'm sorry Seb' 'don't be Aura, force of habit. I know what that's like' he smiles 'you do?' I ask. He nods 'princess Rose, who King Leon was talking about in his speech was my best friend, not just that I felt like she was my soul mate. I loved her so much, I'd do anything to protect her and keep her safe. We were so close, I just wished I told her I loved her more. I knew I wanted to marry her from a young age, I even spoke to her father about it.' He says with tears in his eyes 'when my mother told me she had died I was heartbroken. We kept her funeral private with only close family, her fathers being the king was a public one, I walked in with King Leon, growing up he was my uncle, still is. He was and still is my role model. Id do anything to help him' seb says hearing sebs words made me feel emotional. I'm so proud of him and uncle. 'I'm sure her highness is proud of you both, and I'm sure she still loves you' I smile. 

I hear Mary and her daughters talking ' cinders is here' cora says 'I I need to go' I stutter 'please don't Aura' seb pleads holding my wrist 'I'm sorry I've got to go'. Running inside I pass chris before running outside. Just as chris reaches me I see Seb looking at me 'Chris I have to go' I say 'what do you mean?' He ask 'they know' I whisper. 'I have to go back' I say 'please Rose, don't go like this, you'll break his heart' Chris tries to plead with me 'he can't know' I plead 'he won't like seeing how they treated me' I plead 'seeing me like that will break his heart' I plead 'I can't lie to him Rose' Chris says.

'Chris I need to go. Just leave me' I tell him pushing him away before running to the cottage. Thankfully my clothes are there, stripping out of my dress, shoes and mask I change into the clothes I was wearing. Going to the sink I wipe off all the make-up and mess up my hair before running back.

Getting back I enter the room climbing back into the cage locking it curling up. I hear the door slam shut. 'I'm sorry Char' I think.

Sebs pov.

'Where did she go' I shout at Chris 'who?' He asks 'Aura the girl you were with' I ask. He looks down 'I know I can't lie to you but' he says 'but what?' I ask  'you don't want to know seb. Trust me' he says walking away towards the cottage 'don't walk away from me Christopher' hearing me say his full first name he stops 'Seb please trust me you don't want to know. They don't want you to know' he says. 'Stop speaking in riddles chris' I sigh. What was a nice evening celebrating Rose is not anymore.

Chris pushes the door open, and I follow him in 'she's gone' he says 'what do you mean?' I ask 'she told me 'they knew' ' chris tells me 'who knew?' I ask 'i don't know who' he tells me. 'But I do know where, we will have to be quick' he tells me 'she'll hate me though' he sighs 'why?' I ask 'she didn't want me to tell you' he replies 'why?' I ask 'it's best you see for yourself' he says.

Mary's pov

Prince Sebastians walking our way, I asked him if he could dance with one of my daughters but some other girl took his attention. They then started fighting over who was having him, unaware he was dancing with her, I watch as they slip out onto the balcony 'cinders here' cora says. I watch as the girl runs away from the Prince who stays on the balcony. She runs out of the ballroom, somethings not right 'girls we are leaving' I say grabbing their wrists 'but mother I wanted to dance with Prince Sebastian' they wine  'he's not dancing with anyone anymore' I say.

Once in the car I speed back to the house not caring for the speed limits. Once back we rush inside slamming the front door.