4

We have been at Ian's for at least three hours. Kylie had the idea to take out the air mattresses from the basement. Took as soke time to inflate them but we were currently laying down on them. While eating snacks of course.

As for my mom, I had texted her a while ago to let her know that I was staying over at Ian's with the girls and she just replied with "ok."

We were watching Friday the 13th now. Ian, of course, only picked it just to piss Vera off. Which worked more than enough. Poor girl was about to cry next to me. She hated horror movies. But rules are rules, the film that is choosen by one must be finished.

I pulled her closer so she can rest on my chest while we continued watching the movie. I looked down at her, her brows were furrowed, she was nervous so I started running my hands through her curls. I always liked playing with my friends hairs. Especially the ones that have curly hair. Making them go boing has always been fun.

Thankfully Vera doesn't mind it. She actually liked it a lot when someone plays with her hair.

I looked back on the screen,I had watched the movie before so it had no effect on me. Though I would still jump in jumpscare scenes. I'm human after all.

I looked over to see Tania who is sitting next to Opal on her phone as usual. She looked bothered. Stressed even. She was scrunching her nose. Was it her boyfriend again?

She really needs to break up with that man.

When I was observing her I felt someone sit next to me, to my left. I turned around to see who it was. Ian. I smiled when I saw him.

I schooched closer to him while trying to not shake Vera so she doesn't have a heart attack. "Whats up?" I whispered to his ear. I knew he was gonna tell me something. I knew them too well to not be able to tell when something was wrong.

He looked like he was torn between telling me or not. So I gave him few minutes to decide. I didn't want to rush him. Then he finally spoke.

He spoke quietly. "Have you seen Drew's house?" I was dumbfounded at his question.

Since he was the only one that knew about Drew and me there must be something thats going on. Or something wrong even.

I finally spoke when I found the voice to do so. "No I haven't whats wrong?"

He shook his head. "Nothing is wrong Estelle, it's just that the house is under construction that's why I asked." He whispered to my ears.

Construction? I was confused. These houses didn't really need construction since there is a company that takes care of it. The same company that built all these houses. Smart it you ask me. They keep adding money to their pockets even after they are done with the constructions.

I shook my head and shrugged. "I don't know anything. Matter of fact I'd rather not."

There were times where I wanted to know what happened to him. Or any update about him in general even after he left. That was till I realized the huge toll it had on me. I stopped asking when I turned 14. Two years after he left.

"Okay. Whatever you say ma." He whispered back to me and gave me a small smile before turning his head back to the screen. I knew he would understand. He always did. I smiled to myself probably for the hundredth time tonight. I was just so happy and peacefull.

I looked down to see Vera. Now laying down on my lap and sleeping peacefully. I continued patting her curly hair. Then I remembered.

I grabbed my phone and texted Piper who is across the room, to bring me Vera's silk bonnet. Didn't want them to be ruined by the time she wakes up.

Her phone dinged when I sent the message. Piper looked at her phone, then to me. She nodded and got up to fetch the bonnet from the coffee table.

Since Ian and Vera are cousins she has a second bonnet in his house. To use when she sleeps over. Mixed family stuff.

Piper handed me the bonnet and I grabbed it. I carefully picked up Vera's hair and put it inside the bonnet. Being extra carefull so I don't wake her up.

When I finally did it I felt so proud of myself.

I removed some of the pillows that were supporting my back and layed down, Vera still on my lap sleeping like a baby.

I closed my eyes and deifted off to what was probably the best sleep I've had in a long time.

Few hours ago:

When we finally broke the group hug the questions started flowing.

"You came early."

"Was there no traffic when entering the city?"

"How was the roadtrip?"

"Did you argue with your mom again?"

I scrunched my nose feeling overwhelmed by the questions. I didn't know who to answer. They must have noticed so they stopped asking.

Opal came closer to me and threw her arm around my shoulders. "Guys give her a break jesus. Come in Estelle, we were just playing uno." She pulled me inside Ian's room and they all followed us in.

I sat on Ian's bed as they all went back to their places to sit. Picking their cards back up.

"So how was the road girl." Tania asked while placing a blue 4 on the deck.

Tania came into our group just last year when she moved in. Even though she didnt grow up with us we still saw her as our own. She was a lovely girl, with anger issues. It just adds a bit of spice you know. Oh also, very rich I might add.

"It wasn't as bad, I got used to shity roadtrips." I was playing with them hem of my shirt when I was answering.

"Something we all got used to over the years really." Kylie said.

She was indeed correct. I was lucky unlike them. Some of them lived in different countries but for me I was just 9 hours away from here.

Kylie is half asian so she currently lives in japan to complete her education and to connect with her roots. Her father's words not mine. Though she's not having the time of her life since people at her school keep messing with her for being mixed. She's always the first to come here. Even though it coste her a 10 hour flight. She doesn't mind it. She got used to it over the years.

We started chatching up. They have been together for a month yes but I wasn't here. I needed to get all the good stuff. Like how Kylie's boyfriend cheated on her with a dude or how Piper almost got kicked out for sneaking a boy in. Those were the calmest ones really. Laughter filled the air as we spoke.

By no means my friends were calm and introverted people. They are all loud, hyper and supper out going. With levels of course. They do anything they want to live their life to the fullest.

Unlike me. I don't have that privilige. I always felt jealous with the way they lived. I could only hope to live like that one day. To be able to do whatever I want without caring about anyones opinion.

Maybe one day I will meet someone that will help me fullfil my dreams. But again that's too much work to deal with.

-----------------------

Authors Note: Another chapter done guys. I hope you liked it. It's not my favourite chapter yet but it will do. I don't have much time to write since I'm on my exam week.

Anyway I made a tiktok account make sure to follow its @starbeagles

Have a good one!

Per Aspera Ad Astra