22. Mira mi amor.

GAVI

There is one thing, I hate about Melanie. She always thinks about others first. Now she's about to finish her concert, so she doesn't disappoint her fans, when her mother just died. She has to put herself first now. They would have understood.

I'm worried about her. Melanie is just acting like she's okay, but we all know she's not. I need to be there for here, like she was always here for me.

- I still don't understand, why is she still singing. And how is she doing it, her voice is not cracking, nothing.

- Yeah. She love singing, that's why I guess.

- This is the last song, and then we can go to the hospital, right?

- Sí.

Melanie came to us, and immediately started crying. I tried to hug her, but she didn't let me. She started punching my chest.

- This can't be true, this can't be true.

- Estrella...

- Why?! Why her?! Maybe they are wrong? Maybe she's alive?

- Hermana, they're almost sure about that, but we need to come to the hospital.

- No, no, no! Pablo do something! This can't be true!

She was still punching me, but now I didn't let her do it any longer. I hugged her tight. All of her words were breaking my heart.

- Shhhh, Mel. It will be okay. We will handle it, okay?

I took her head in my hands and wipe her tears.

- We have to go to the hospital now, okay?

- Mhm.

We went to the car, and go to the hospital. It was one of the biggest hospitals in Spain, so I knew it will be hard to find the right way to go. Pedri asked receptionist where should we go, when I was hugging Melanie for the whole time.

- Second floor, room number 26.

We went to the second floor, and couldn't find room number 26. There were a lot of rooms there.

- Sorry, do you need any help? I can see you're walking here for the last few minutes.

- Carmella?

- Melanie? What happened? I can help you.

- I didn't know you work here.
We're looking for my mother. She came here after a car accident.

I didn't know how this two knows each other, I will ask Melanie about that later.

- Ohh, I'm so sorry for your loss. Come right there with me, I will show you her room. You can stay there as long as you need, and then we will do the paperwork.

I decided not to go into the room. Melanie needs time to herself first. She was her mother, not mine. Pedri was sitting next to me. We need to give Melanie some time.

- Do you know who's that Camilla?

- Carmella. I think they met at the training. Why do you ask?

- I'm just curious.

- Everything came back to normal. For almost three days, but still. And now it will be hard time again. She doesn't deserve it.

- Yeah, I know Pedri. I know.

***

This was one of the hardest nights I've ever had. Melanie was crying almost the whole night. Pedri and I couldn't calm her down. I can't even imagine how she fell right now.