8. That estrella I saw in you is gone now.

MELANIE

Gavi has a surgery tomorrow . I'm worrying about that. He is like a best friend to me now. When I came here, I promised myself I wouldn't feel anything for anyone, but it didn't come out as I wanted.

Now I was sitting with Pedri at our place on the beach watching sunset.

- Why did you lie to me the first day I came here?

- What? I didn't lie to you.

- You did. You told me you weren't living with Gavi and you are. It's not like I have a problem with that, I was just wondering.

- Oh. I don't know why I said that. When someone asked me about it, I was just saying no.

- Okay. You think Gavi will be good?

- Of course he will. He's our warrior.

Yeah. He is a warrior. All I see on social media is him. They all say that. But is he really? Honestly, he doesn't look like he will be okey any time soon.

- He doesn't deserve it. He's very young, and it's a serious injury.

- Yes, but you see, everything will be normal soon. We have a good medical care.

- Yeah.

- And what about your school?

Oh. I didn't expect that question. When my parents died, teachers agreed I could have some time off, but they don't know I'm in Spain and I probably wouldn't come back to London. And I'm sure they didn't mean an almost 5 months break.

- I was thinking about homeschooling. The finals are soon, and if I win, I don't know how people will react. Also,you know, maybe my new friends at school won't be my real friends.

- Yeah, I know what you mean. That's why I don't have a girlfriend. When do you have these finals?

- One week.

- You'll do great. I feel it in my bones.

- Thank you.

Pedri came closer to me, and give me a hug. He didn't know how much I needed it. Pablo's situation was beyond me. I can't say, I didn't have feelings for him when I do. He's with me when I'm in bad mood and I promise him and myself that I will be with him always he needs me. Now is the time.

- Everything will back to normal, you'll see.

- I know.

- Soooo, what's about you and Pablito?

- What do you mean?

- I see how he looks at you and how you look at him.

No way he is talking about things like that with me now.

- I look at him like a normal person.

- Mhm, for sure.

- Pedro stop.

- Mi hermana is in loveee.

- No, I am not.

- In love with Pablo Gavi.

- No.

- Yes.

- No.

- Yes.

- Maybe.

- Ha! Told u.

- Ha! I'm joking, I am not Pedrito.

- We will talk about it again.

- I don't think so.