2. Welcome home

MELANIE

Pedri: hi hermana
-> hi sister

I looked at my phone once again. I know Spanish a bit so i understand this massage.

- What "hermana" means? You know right?

- Yes I know it means "sister"

I was in shock. Firstly how it is possible that he is my brother and secondly how did he found me on instagram. I know that I have the same surname but my parents told me it is just a coincidence.

- WHAT? YOU HAVE A BROTHER?

- I think so

- What are you waiting for? Text him back.

- How? Maybe it's a joke or some kind of mistake?

- Mel, would it be mistake or joke if THAT Pedri texted you?

She is right but I can't believe it, I just lost my parents and now this?

- Okey, I will text him.

I grabbed my phone and open instagram messages.

melaniegonzalez : hi? what do you mean by "hi hermana"?

- can we focus on the game now? Aston Villa is winning 2:1 now.

- no because he texted you back right now

And she was right again. I hate it but she is always right, especially now when I am at my lowest.

Pedri: I had a phone call today and I think you might be my sister, can we talk?

melaniegonzalez: No we can't it's impossible so I think you find wrong person

Pedri: Please, I can fly to your place or I can buy u tickets and you fly to Barcelona.

- You see this? He wants me to fly Barcelona.

- Yes I see it and I think you should go there.

- No, he is completely strange man and there is no way he could be my family. My parents would told me about it.

- If I were your parents I wouldn't told you either.

I don't know what to do. I can't fly there now, I don't have money and I don't want him to pay for me. I believe my parents and if they once said I don't have siblings I don't.

Pedri: Please think about it. If we are family we have to take care of each other especially now when you are all alone.

melaniegonzalez: No. I probably won't change my mind so please stop texting me.

- Mel... think about it please. You need to talk about it and if it's true you won't be alone anymore.

- I am not alone, I have you.

- But I am not your family.

Ouch, that hurt. Why she is pushing me to do this? He is a popular pretty footballer playing for Barca, it would be to hard for me to live with him. I am not into that lifestyle, no privacy, a lot of gossips and hate. It would be too much but on the other hand, I would live in Spain which I always dreamed about.

- Can you leave me alone?

- Promise me you won't do anything to yourself.

- I promise, I will text  you later.

Lily left my house and I started watch the game again. This is a reason why I love football, when I watch it, everything else goes away. I forgot about all hard stuff and focus on game.

But this time it was harder. This situation is very serious and I have to think about it. When I started overthinking it I found more positives than negatives.

melaniegonzalez: Okay, I agree.

It is the right decision, right?

Pedri: I will pick you up from the airport. Here's your ticket.

melaniegonzalez: thank you, I will give you the money tomorrow

My flight is tomorrow at 8 am, so I started packing my stuff. I don't know how long I will stay there so I grabbed some t-shirts, pants and something to sleep. I packed documents to my purse and texted Lily.

melaniegonzalez: I thought about everything and I am going to Barcelona tomorrow.

lilywilliams: It is right decision Mel. When are you coming back?

melaniegonzalez: idk, I will call you.

lilywilliams: I can't go to you tomorrow so have a good flight and call me whenever you need

melaniegonzalez: okey, good night

***

I woke up, take shower and went to the airport. I was really stressed because I am afraid of flying and in 3 hours I am gonna see my brother which was one of my favourite footballers.

My flight went without any complications so I was happy about it. When I picked up my suitcase I went to the bathroom and go outside. I started looking for Pedri.

He was standing with big smile and some guards around him. When he saw me he started waving to me, so I started walk towards him.

- You look more beautiful than I saw you in photos.

- Thank you, you look more realistic than in photos.

He started laughing. I don't know what was so funny to him, he started complementing me first and I didn't know what I should say.

We went to the car and ride to his house. We didn't talk too much, I was tired and I think he noticed. Also he was kind of adoring me for the whole ride. I started looking at him and I saw that we have something similar in our look.

- We are here.

I walked out of the car and looked at his house. It was a big house, too big for one person. I used to think that he live with Gavi but I am sure now I just watched too much videos on Tik Tok. But I can ask right? He is my brother.

- Are you living with Gavi?

- No, I used to but he came over a lot. Why are you asking?

- I just wonder.

We walked together to his house and I have to admit that he has a really nice place. I was looking at his house when he said:

- Welcome home hermana.

And I don't know why but it kind of melt my heart.

———————————————————————————
Hii, I hope you like this chapter. If you see any mistakes please let me know.
Have a good night 🫶🏻