9. Why estrella?

GAVI

I feel awful about what I said. Now I see I shouldn't answer that phone, see her messages and say what I said.

I have surgery tomorrow, but I can't sleep now. I need to apologise Mel. Pedri wanted me to do it tomorrow, but I can't wait.

It was almost midnight, when I decided to go talk with her. I take my crutches and went to Melanie. I knocked on her door, but she wasn't answering. I opened the door and went to her room.

She was lying down with headphones on and writing something down. She didn't notice I'm here at first, but then she stood up and took her headphones out.

- What are you doing here? I didn't say you can come.

- I knocked.

- I know. I don't want to talk with you.

It was bad. Her eyes were sad, and I can see she cried a lot.

- Mel....

Estrella...

- Can you leave me alone?

- I will, but please, can we talk?

- We don't have anything to talk about.

- Yes, we do. I want to apologise.

- Yeah sure. And then what? You will check my phone again? On tell me I have a boyfriend when I don't?

- I know I messed up. I have anger issues sometimes.

- Sometimes?

- It's not the point. I'm really sorry about that. I shouldn't check your phone. I should trust you.

I looked at her and her eyes were full of tears again. I decided to go closer to her and give her a hug. Luckily, she didn't push me back.

- I'm soo sorry, Mel. I really am.

My shirt was wet now. I hate seeing her cry, and now I know she cried because of me, it's even worse.

- Please, don't cry any more. You have too beautiful eyes for that.

She smiled at me. Finally. I love her smile.

- I'm sorry, too. I shouldn't say the thing about your mom.

We laid down on her bed. It was really late, and I wanted to go to my room after she fell asleep.

- Are you stressed?

- A little.

- It will be fine. You'll see.

- Yeah, I know.

- But?

- But I'm scared. I know it'll hurt a lot, and what if something goes wrong? What if I won't  be able to play football again?

- Don't think like that. There is no what if. You'll have surgery tomorrow and everything will be fine.

- Question for question?

- It depends on what you want to know.

- Were you talking with Lily?

- Yes, I called her.

- And?

- This is your second question now.

I laughed. She knows how to make people silent.

- She told me she kissed Chris, but I'm not with him any more. We broke up after my parents died, and I must have forgotten to tell her that.

- Okay.