chapter⁴⁶

an actual apology from a fake blond to a real blond

a/n: WE HIT 2K VOTES AND 2K COMMENTS!!!

also, i've almost finished writing up the first arc ^^

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

05:12 PM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

"hey guys!" y/n smiles, clapping her hands as she gets the attention of her cheer squad. "okay as we know winter's here, and some people in ninjago will be struggling with the cold and things like that. so nicholas," y/n pulls him by his hoodie, making elena side eye the bleached blond. "thought it would be a great idea for us to do a charity fundraiser,"

murmurs scatter through the cheer squad, elena standing closer to y/n. 

"did he actually think that?" she whispers. y/n nods. elena squints her eyes at y/n. 

"kind off?" y/n says with a shrug, pursing her lips. 

"y/n,"

"it was our idea,"

"y/n,"

"i'm just helping him out," y/n smiles, elena looking at her. "can you help me help him?"

"you know i will," she says, quickly. "it's just...him? really?"

"give him a chance," y/n says with a whisper, standing closer to elena. nicholas can tell their talking about him. and he didn't expect any less, to be honest. he hasn't exactly been the best person at ninjago high. but he wants to change. he does. really. "he's trying to do better. and him doing something like this will help him,"

"you are too nice," elena mutters, shaking her head. y/n smiles at her, elena rolling her eyes. "nicholas," nicholas looks at the pink and purple duo, anticipating. there are so much things they can say to him. "what's the plan?"

💚

lloyd spits out his drink, looking at nicholas in confusion. 

"that's gross, man," nicholas says, looking at lloyd in disgust. 

"y-you just apologised to me," lloyd says, looking at him. "and you meant it,"

"of course, i did," nicholas states, putting his hands on the orange basketball he had just picked up from the floor. "why would i apologise if i didn't mean it?"

"i...i'm just surprised," lloyd says, getting tissue from his bag and wiping the waste. "can i ask why you're doing this?"

"felt like i haven't been a good person to you," lloyd raises his eyebrow at him, making him sigh and roll his eyes. "alright. i know i haven't been a good person to you. and i want to be better," he shrugs. 

"oh," lloyd says. this is very unexpected. but he believes in change. especially if it's for the better. he changed. his dad changed. people can change. "i accept your apology,"

"thanks gara-lloyd," nicholas says, correcting himself. "thanks lloyd," llloyd gives him a crooked smile, nicholas dribbling back onto the court. 

"what just happened?" kai says, standing next to him. he heard the whole conversation. you really think he's just let it happen without him listening in? "is he actually-"

"trying to be nice?" lloyd asks, finishing off kai's question. "i do not know," they watch as he talks to some of the cheerleader; them giving him posters. lloyd heightens his eyes, seeing that it's for a fundraiser. "but i won't discourage him. and it'll be nice if he is. people change,"

"huh," kai nods, picking up a basketball on the floor. "come on. we didn't come to talk. we can to play basketball,"

"yeah, yeah," lloyd says, getting up from the bleachers. "i'm coming. i'm coming,"

he checks the heart on his wrist, it being brown. or orange. it's a dark orange. which makes it brown. they're annoyed? frustrated. he sighs, picking up an orange ball. 

he hopes they are okay. whoever they are.