chapter⁴⁵

a new friend?

a new friend?

warning: crying, homophobia worries

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

02:28 PM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

y/n feels a tap on her shoulder, making her take [off/out] her [air pods/earphones/headphones]. it's nicholas. 

"yo, y/n? can i sit here?" he asks, looking at her. it's different from before though. y/n squints her eyes at him but nods. 

"sure,"

"thanks," he says, sitting next to her, putting in his headphones. y/n smiles, comfortably as she continues to read books on the stars. she needs to remember them properly. she's got exams soon. and elena's birthday. and that party thing. they still need to go shopping.  

she groans quietly, blasting her music back into her ears. she's listening to brother by kodaline. she's never had a brother, or any half siblings that she knew off. 

"are you okay?" y/n questions the bleached blond, tapping his shoulder. nicholas hums, playing with his thumbs. "are you sure?"

he looks at her, shaking his head. 

"it's...something big," he mutters, putting his hands on his forehead. "and i don't know if i can tell you. because if i say it...it becomes real,"

y/n's eyebrows furrow in concern. 

real? has something really bad happened?

"you want to talk somewhere else?" she asks softly. he shakes his head, sighing through his nose. 

"i know i haven't exactly been the best person to you or anyone for that matter," he starts. "at first, i did it because people either feared me because i didn't want to bully them or-vaya, esto suena peor cuando lo digo en voz alta- um, i haven't been a good person and i want to change that. i...i found something about myself, a few days ago...and it's scared me,"

"what did you find out?" y/n asks, tilting her head at him. they're speaking in hushed tones, in a corner of the library. so no one can see them. 

nicholas looks at her and sighs. 

💚

lloyd scratches his wrist in annoyance. maths sucks. he sits in his maths class, jay behind him. jay also chose maths. he needed it to be an engineer. 

he looks at his heart, seeing the bright yellow that is displaying. reminds him of the sun. which reminds him of when his mother calls him sunshine. he smiles at the memories, diving back into his math work. 

"jay, can you help me?" or tries too. 

💚

"oh my gosh," y/n mutters with a smile on her face. nicholas looks away, embarrassed. "really?"

"yeah," he mutters. "i'm...i'm gay,"

"congratulations," y/n says, smiling at him. "i'm proud of you for figuring it out,"

"it's weird thought, right?" nicholas says, looking at y/n. " i never would have thought at the start of high school,"

"well, one of the points of high school is to figure yourself out," y/n shrugs. "or try to,"

"well, you seemed to have everything figured out," nicholas says, putting his hand towards y/n. 

y/n laughs, nodding. she has nothing figured out. yes, she wants to to psychology at university. but she if she doesn't like it? which if she changes her course? there are so many what if's. but she can't show that to nicholas. this might be a different part of an actual friendship. she can't burden him with anything. 

"i'm just that girl," she smiles. "i think i have a way for you to apologise to everyone,"

nicholas looks at her suspiciously. 

"why do i feel like i'm not going to like it?"