Ch. 12 (Stay By My Side) 🎶

Rantaro was thunderstruck as he saw both of them walking hand in hand. Valt didn't speak as he continuously stared at the floor.

"Let's go."

Shu ordered, softly pulling Valt's wrist. Walking up to his car, he made him sit in as he sat beside him.

His mood seemed quite off which eternally made Valt a bit more scared.

"You really thought you could run away?! And how could you be just so careless?! What if I wouldn't have made it on time?"

Shu was getting frustrated as he furiously gazed at him. Valt didn't say anything as he only stared down feeling a bit guilty for what he had done.

"Valt look up at me."

Shu ordered him coldly but Valt still didn't look up at him.

"Can't you listen to what I say?!"

He forcefully lifted his face with his jaws making Valt face him

"Stop talking to me like that! Why do you behave so rudely with now Shu? Why can't you be the same old Rew?!"

Shu's anger vanished as he saw tears in his eyes. He quickly let him go realizing his mistake.

That was it, was it? All Valt had wanted from all while was him to behave the same way to him as earlier.

Valt quickly wiped his tears as he angrily glared at Shu.

"Stop the car!" Valt commanded as the car slowed down in front of a family restaurant aside of which was a public toilet.

"Where are you going?"

"Do I now need your permission to even go to the toilet?!" Valt replied back emotionlessly getting off the car.

"Come back quickly." Shu said as he sat back crossing his arms. Valt didn't reply anything.

"You'll let him go?!" Miroda was a bit surprised at his action.

Meanwhile

Valt, instead of going inside, slipped from the other side hiding behind the old building.

It was getting darker and the area seemed quite deserted. Waiting for long, Shu was now getting impatient.

Getting off from the car, he went to check in but was dumbfounded to find no one there. He checked each and every room but didn't find anyone there.

The others looked around for him too but Valt stayed hidden from them but he still clenched his teeth from the fear of being found out.

Shu now truly lost all his hope. He hit his fist hard on his car and was almost about to cry.

"Sir but you were the one to let him go in the first place right?"

Shu took a deep breathe trying to control himself.

"I can't take it anymore. I trusted him, I loved him, I cared for him but I made a big mistake. I hurt him too. I was too blind in love that I forgot to care about his feelings towards me. Everything had been just so fine until he came to know the truth. What's even the point of having everything when I can't have what I want the most in my life? You were right Miroda, forcing him wasn't a solution. It he would have loved me, he would have come and he came too but I, instead of understanding him was always making him feel uncomfortable with my presence. I'm just not that perfect enough to deserve him."

Shu broke down as Miroda stood there silently. Valt on the other hand, had been listening to all this as tears rolled down his cheeks uncontrollably.

He felt just to sorry for him.

"I'm so sorry Shu. You loved me so much yet I behaved so badly with you. I was so harsh towards your feelings. I'm so sorry. But it's no time for all this. I need to fix everything."

He wiped his tears quickly as he still stayed hidden. Looking around him, he spotted a street dog passing by.

"Sorry doggy. But it's time for some melodrama." He picked up a pebble and hit it hard on the dog's head.

The dog yelped in pain and started to chase him. Valt sweat dropped as he began to run.

"Shu!!! Save Me!!"

Shu's face all of a sudden lit up as he heard that voice.

"Valt?" He turned around to face him when Valt jumped over him as Shu tried to make his balance hugging the Blunette tightly.

Shu felt so satisfied to have him in his arms as he hugged him more ambitiously.

"Shu! The dog's chasing me!" Valt pointed at the dog and then again buried his face in Shu's chest, hugging him tightly.

"Guards."

The guards hushed the dog away while a soft smile formed on Shu's lips as he saw a smile appear on the Blunette's face.

He felt just too happy now.

"Doggies are so scary..." Valt mumbled as he still stayed buried in Shu's chest. Shu cupped his cheeks as he asked him with a worried yet tough face.

"Where did you go?"

Valt tried his best to maintain the eye contact as a pink shade appeared on his cheeks.

"Uhh.. I was looking for a wash basin around to wash my hands when that naughty dog began chasing me for no reason.."

Valt made a pouty face while Shu chuckled softly hugging him a bit more tightly. He was to kiss him again when Valt blocked him by his sleeves leaving him a bit surprised.

Valt broke the hug and ran till the car door.

"Here Valt's freezing due to cold and there Shu wants to have romance in the middle on the streets."

Shu and Miroda giggled as they sat back in the car. Shu took off his coat and made Valt wear it.

"That'll keep you warm."

Valt made himself comfortable giving an adorable smile casing Shu to blush a little.

"I'm sorry for my behavior earlier. You wanted everything to be so simple yet I kept complicating stuffs for you. I promise I'll never act this way again."

Shu looked up at him with a concerned look on his face. Valt found the moment really cute so he came a bit closer to him hugging him softly by his neck resting his forehead on his as Shu slowly wrapped his hand around his waist, making him sit on his lap.

"It's totally fine, my cute bunny boy. I'm sorry too for hurting you so much. I too promise not to leave you, okay?"

Shu held him delicately in his arms caressing his nose with his own as Valt softly giggled.

"I love that nickname." He said out coldly making Valt blush slightly at realizing what he had just called him.

Shu finally ended the moment with a cherishing touch between their lips as the first drop of rain hit their window sill.

'All I want now is you by my side. You mean the whole world to me and I always and forever wanna stay by your side cause every moment spent with you becomes memorable and precious for me and my only happiness now, lies in seeing you smile.'

To Be Continued