07

House of balloons - Weeknd

You're in my world now,
you can stay, you can stay
But you belong to me, ooh,
you belong to me
_________________________________________

You open your eyes as find yourself in a desolate landscape, enveloped in an eerie, thick fog that obscures everything in sight. The atmosphere you are in feels like warmth in a daylight and chilly like a mid of the night at the same time, making you confused. No solace in sight nor noises in ear.

Moving your arms up as you observed your hands, unconsciously folding your fingers into your palm, then bringing your hand up to touch your hair, face and down to a neck like a newborn child exploring their body, learning about the shell they are in. Well, you aren't exactly confused with your body though.

The thing is, how you are here? What is this place that you magically spawned on? 

With open mouthed expression you looked around as noticed that you are the only living thing here in the void alone. You try to take a deep breath but the air is heavy with a sense of foreboding, alarming you with something empty in a silent, in almost calm surroundings. Then it hit you into senses.

You are back to here again.

Suddenly, the sound of something slithering through the fog echoes around you, sending shivers down your spine. Almost immediately, wasting no time you starts to run to the direction you were facing, daring not look back, knowing well that you have to escape the whatever unseen terror at your heels pursuing you.

But the fog seems to stretch on endlessly, swallowing your surroundings whole. There's no door or hole to run into nor shelter or weapon to protect yourself with. Just overwhelmingly empty void but with a something unknown creature chasing you down.

Also in a rush, your mind racing to remember detailed things like who you are, where did you came from but the only thing you know at the moment is that it isn't your first time here.

As your legs carry you through the fog, desperation driving each step when a sudden force yanks at your ankle, sending you crashing to your knees. The ground beneath you feels unnaturally solid, as if resisting your attempts to rise. With a surge of panic, 'What, this didn't happen last time...' uselessly echoed inside your mind since words couldn't leave through your throat vocally.

Struggling to free yourself but the unseen grip tightens, refusing to release its hold. Adrenaline courses through your veins anxiously as you glance over your shoulder when a mocking echo of boyish giggle taunts you from the shadows, leaving a chill crawling up your spine that fuels your desperation to break free.

With trembling hands, you push yourself on feet without pausing to dust off your knees, you break into a frantic run once more. Care not about the force that still clinging on your ankle that trying to slow you down, you ran for god knows how long hours. A sense of discomfort gnaws at you from within the suffocating weight pressing down on your chest, as if every breath you take is a struggle.