04

Jann - Smile

Jann - Smile

I'm holding my breath when you're coming my way
And inside my head I repeat to myself
"Be cool, oh be cool"

_________________________________________

Partners

"Thank you for the breakfast! I'll get going now." little pinkish-red haired boy jumped off from his seat upon clearing the plate that was made by his mother. Before anyone managed to say anything, he already reached to the doorway, slipping on his shoes.

"Oh my..." mother Chigiri's eyes widened in shock, mouth agape, holding her hand on her chest, even father Chigiri looked up from the newspaper he was reading. "When did he become such..."

"Such a polite boy?" Hyoma's sister joined in with a smug grin, knowing the reason of his change was actually by her, "I guess, he has been spending too much with that L/N boy."

Actually in these two months, since he started taking interest in soccer, it wouldn't be a lie if two little lads' friendship had grown close in such small time, connected through the same hobby. There is enthusiasm surrounds the topic of soccer and what Hyoma liked more was listening to you, talking about how this sport had become your passion, even though you aren't much of a speaker yourself. 

The way his eyes lighten and cheerful grin adorns his face, only can be seen when he is on the field, running freely while chasing after the ball. He can feel the energy coursing through his veins and flooding his little heart with joy when he tried his new skill dribble, which is taught by you, to zoom past the other kid while wearing his first ever jersey. It's a feeling that he can't describe, yet he knows he is born for this. That's why he hasn't skipped single day since then, even happy to go the field.

The leaves have already fallen off the trees, leaving the branches barren with the trees reaching up like a skeleton hand grasping for the sunlight. The cold chilly air fills his lungs, figuring the winter is nearing as he can't help but feel a touch of joy, eager to reach the field already. With a faint smile drawn on his face, he skipped on the dusty road, each foot that made contact with the ground would make a crunch noises because the rarely used path got covered with golden fallen leaves.

Just two months ago he was getting dragged on this road against his own will but now he is glad at that happened. If it wasn't for his sister, he wouldn't have discovered his little hobby after all.

Arriving at the wide area to find there are only few kids there, his eyes immediately scanned through the field, searching for a certain H/C but you were nowhere to be found. Hmm, weird... You were always present when Hyoma gets here but today was different. His smile dropped, lips pressed in thin line as the red-head approached other kids, asked if they know about your missing presence but all he got were shoulder shrugs or "I don't know"s.