15 - Future

"What the hell is going on Mel?" Andy asked as we got to the bedroom to discuss what he just walked in to.

"St. Mary's closed. Kids are being shipped everywhere, foster parents aren't available and there was no open bed for her anywhere." I explained.

"So, we take her in?!" Andy asked.

"Andy, come on. Be reasonable."

"I mean Mel, I mean we have Jacob and trying for our own baby..." Andy trailed off.

"And we can still try. We won't keep her forever, Andy. Only a couple days until I find someone to take her." I said and Andy sighed.

"I just wish I would have had a warning, Mel. I mean I come home with Jacob and there is a kid sitting with you." Andy said.

"I know but I didn't have much time to think until I brought her home." I said and Andy just half nodded.

"A couple days Mel? Is that all?" Andy asked and I nodded.

"Until someone can take her. We got calls out." I said and Andy nodded. He went to leave the room, I could tell he was still tense. "Hey..." I said. He turned to look at me and I walked up placing my arms around his neck and he sighed leaning his forehead against mine, placing his hands on my waist.

"I love you, Mel. I was just in shock. And can I be honest about something?" Andy asked and I nodded pulling my head from his.

"Of course." I said.

"When I walked in and saw you sitting with a little girl at the table, coloring and just being together. I saw what I have taken from you for a year. I want to see that every day when I come home. I want to see you with our child every day." Andy said and I gave a small smile.

"And we can get there now. We are working on us and working on that." I said. Andy leaned in and kissed me softly but passionately.

"Let's go get some dinner and meet Faith." Andy said. We walked hand in hand downstairs. We found Jacob and Faith sitting at the table playing tik tac toe and they were both laughing. I leaned my head on Andy's shoulder and smiled.

"Few days Mel." Andy whispered.

"I know..." I sighed.

◼ ◼ ◼

Jacob was in bed already after telling Andy, Faith and I good night and I was in the spare room with Faith as Andy stood at the door and I tucked her in.

"You okay Faith?" I asked and she nodded but looked around a little concerned.

"Okay well, I will be right across the hall if you need me. You come over for anything okay?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Good night Mr. Andy." Faith said from the bed, and I turned to look at Andy who gave a small smile.

"Good night, Faith." Andy said. "Sleep tight."

"Okay, good night sweetie." I said getting up from sitting on the edge of the bed. Andy and I walked to our bedroom and walked inside leaving the door cracked.

As we got ready for bed, I was standing at the bathroom mirror as Andy came up behind me.

"She is really sweet. You never would have guessed she was dealt a shitty hand." Andy said to me, and I nodded.

"Most of these kids don't. They just know they are getting a new life and since their old ones weren't great in some situations, they are happy for a better life." I said. Andy placed his arms around me while I stood at the mirror, and I smiled in his arms.

"I never tell you how amazing you are in what you do." Andy said and I shrugged.

"It's really nothing, I just want kids to be happy." I said and Andy smiled, kissing my neck and I moaned.

"Well, how can I make you happy Mrs. Barber?" Andy whispered in my ear as he started to help me out of my shirt. I was slowly pushing down the leggings I was in. I turned in his grip and he smiled at me.

"I can think of a few ways." I said and he smiled as he passionately kissed me, and we worked our way to the bedroom.

Andy and I got undressed fully and he laid me down on the bed. He smiled at me as he settled between my legs, and I smiled feeling his hip rubbing at my entrance.

"You are an amazingly beautiful, wonderful woman and I don't tell you that enough." Andy said as he leaned down and passionately kissing me as he slid inside of me, and I had to muffle my sounds due to Faith being across the hall.

Andy started thrusting slow at first but when I wrapped my legs around his waist and arms around his neck, he lifted me up in his lap. I smiled as our lips brushed and I started moving on Andy and doing all the work. As I moved my hips back and forth, I arched my back. Andy took the advantage and started kissing my chest and I moaned out loud not meaning to be as loud as I was. I looked back at Andy, and he was smiling.

I felt myself clenching around him as he grunted while he gave a couple thrusts.

"I'm so close Mel..." Andy said, and I nodded knowing I was too. He took an arm from around me and put it between us and started playing with my clit and I continued to move faster on him.

"Fuck Andy..." I whispered as I felt everything inside of me released all around him and coating him. He grumbled as he released holding me down on him, so he was deep inside of me, and I smiled as he did. We leaned our foreheads on each other's as we tried catching our breath.

"I love you, Andy." I said wrapped my arms around his neck tighter and he smiled holding me to him.

"I love you so much Mel." Andy said and passionately kissed me.

Soon I got off Andy, got cleaned up and ready for bed. Once I crawled into bed Andy was already waiting with open arms, I giggled and assumed the position of being in his arms and we slept, and I quickly drifted off to sleep.

◼ ◼ ◼

**ANDY POV**

It was the middle of the night when I heard our bedroom door squeak open behind me since I was now facing my back to the door.

"Mr. Andy? Miss Mel?" The small voice asked, and I rolled over to see Faith standing there holding her teddy bear that she had brought with her.

"Hey Faith, you okay?" I whispered and she shook her head with tears in her eyes.

"I had a bad dream and my mommy and daddy used to let me get in bed with them when I did..." Faith's small voice barely squeaked out. I sighed and smiled but gave a small nod.

"Would you like to join me and Mel?" I asked and she nodded. I sat up and held my arms open to her and she walked over. I picked her up and put her between Mel and me.

"What's wrong?" Mel asked barely opening her eyes.

"Faith had a nightmare, so she is joining us." I said and Mel gave a small smile and looked at Faith.

"You okay?" She asked as Faith cuddled into her.

"Mmhmm." She sleepily replied and soon she was fast asleep. Mel was running her fingers through Faith's hair, and I watched her.

"What?" Mel asked seeing me. I shrugged.

"Just imagining things, our future." I said and Mel smiled as she closed her eyes and quickly drifted off to sleep. I sat watching Mel and Faith, it then hitting me, how I had kept Mel from being a mother for far too long.