5 - Solution

"Jake, what's going on?" I asked as we broke apart. I looked at my dad then and he gave a slight nod and walked away. Jacob pulled up a chair and sat next to me at the table.

"I'm so sorry Mel. Dad told me why you left..." Jacob said, and I groaned.

"You shouldn't have been brought into this..."

"No, I needed to know. I just want you with us Mel and I needed to know why you weren't." Jacob said.

"Jacob, what's going on between me and your father..."

"Is fucked up."

"Hey..." I said and he winced knowing I didn't like him cursing too much.

"Sorry." Jacob grumbled and I just sighed and shook my head.

"Anyways, your dad and I have a lot to work out but I just don't think I can right now. He lied and he lied a huge lie. I never thought he would lie to me like he did." I said.

"How are you supposed to work it out if you aren't home?" Jacob meekly asked and looked at his hands folded on the table.

I sighed and looked at my own hands.

"Does your dad even know you're here?" I asked and Jacob shook his head. "Jacob..." I groaned and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"I just needed to come and see you and get away from dad." Jacob said and I sighed.

"Jacob, I would love to have you with me but your dad needs to know where you are. I have no parental rights over you. I need to take you home." I explained.

"I will go home under one condition." Jacob said.

"Which is?"

"You come home with me." Jacob said.

"I think it's time Mel. You can't run or hide away forever." Erik said appearing back at the door. I sighed with a slight nod.

"I think so too." I said.

Jacob smiled as I started gathering up all my files, then headed to my room to pack my bag. After we said goodbye to my parents, and I loaded up my stuff and we headed home.

Jacob walked into the house before me and when I walked through the door, I saw Andy sitting at the kitchen counter with a glass of whiskey.

"Mel..." he said shocked.

"I'm back, but I haven't forgiven you." I said and he half nodded. "I'll also be staying in the spare room." I said.

"Really?" Andy asked and I nodded.

"Yes Andy, I can't stay with you right now, I'm sorry." I said and he sighed but gave a small nod.

"Just having you home is enough." Andy said and Jacob nodded in agreement. I gave Jacob a small smile.

"I need to go to the room and get some things from the bedroom moved to the spare room." I said grabbing my bag and going upstairs. I put my bag and work bag in the spare room which was right across the hall from the master bedroom.

I walked across the hall and looked at the bed Andy and I used to share as I walked in the room to gather some clothes to put in the spare room.

As I was in the closet going through my stuff, I heard Andy come in the room and he leaned on the doorframe to the closet.

"What Andy?" I asked.

"So, we aren't even going to talk about it?" Andy asked.

"About what? You lying, you getting it reversed...what?" I asked looking at him.

"All of it." Andy said.

"Well, there is nothing you can say about the lying and about the reversal...that was a choice that you again made on your own. Were you even going to tell me or hope that I would sleep with you, and it just happen?" I asked and Andy groaned.

"I don't want to fight with you Mel, I really don't..." Andy said and I groaned.

"I came back for Jacob, he asked me to come back so I'm back. I just don't know how we get past this Andy." I said and he sighed with a small nod. I grabbed up everything I planned on taking to the spare room and I dropped a pair of shoes. Andy picked them up and handed them to me.

"Thank you." I said and Andy half nodded. I walked out of the bedroom and to the spare room. As I got in the spare room, I shut the door and sat on the foot of the bed and just started crying. I wanted to be in with Andy, I wanted to be able to be husband and wife again. I wanted to go back in time before all of this ugly truth came out and we could be Andy and Mel again.

**ANDY POV**

I watched her shut the bedroom door and I walked over to it wanting to just go into the room and kiss her. I leaned my forehead against the door, and I heard her start crying. I knew I caused those tears, I just didn't know how to fix this. I sighed and walked back into the bedroom and grabbed my phone from the nightstand.

I had a number in my phone for a counselor from when Laurie and I were having issues, but I never used it. I decided now would be the best time to make the decision to go see someone. We needed this step, it was going to be the only thing to help us right now. I dialed the number and waited for someone to answer.

"Dr. Cawson Counseling." The secretary said and I sighed.

"Yes, this is Andy Barber, I was wondering if I could make an urgent appointment for me and my wife." I said and I heard typing on a keyboard.

"I have an opening for tomorrow at 1pm. Is that okay?" She asked and I sighed.

"Yeah, it will have to be...thank you." I said and I heard typing again.

"Okay Mr. Barber, you are in books for tomorrow at 1." She said and I hung up. I sighed pulled up a text to Mel.

Andy: Tomorrow around 12:30 I will be picking you up at your office. We have an appointment at 1pm.

Mel: I really don't want to go to your "man doctor" with you.

I rolled my eyes, yeah of course she would make this assumption.

Andy: It's not, it's a counselor. A marriage counselor.

There was no response, not even the three dots. I was kind of surprised when I looked and saw Mel standing at the bedroom door.

"What possessed you?" Mel asked.

"We need to see someone. We obviously won't talk about it alone. We need someone to mediate. I want to work all of this through with you Mel. I want my wife back." I pleaded.

"I want my husband back from a year ago when he could have been truthful." Mel said and I hung my head.

"I'm trying Mel and this is why we have counseling tomorrow." I said.

"Whatever Andy, pick me up if you must." Mel said and walked back to her bedroom and shut the door.

This had to work...