Chapter 160 - "Stop complaining, we're just getting started."

Start from the beginning

With his teeth gritted, he glared towards his father as he hissed, "Bring it on."

His first move was to leap forward and fake a tackle, heading for the ankles first. His father didn't even move, and as Dante changed his attack's direction and tried to stab him in the gut, Draco laughed and purposely placed his hand there, the knife stabbing through his palm. He began to bleed all over the blade, and Dante was taken aback that he failed to dodge the punch that was directed into his cheekbone. As he stumbled towards the side, his father roared as he pulled the knife from his palm and wiped his hand, as if the blood was mere dust that meant nothing to him.

He threw the knife over his shoulder with a smirk. "You lost your knife, now what?"

This wasn't looking good but Dante wasn't ready to give up. The only image crossing his mind was of the blue eyed boy that had taken hold of his heart; he would make certain that Nate's death wasn't in vain. "You're dying today," he snarled. Dante again rushed forward, his fist aimed directly at the ribs of Draco. He thought Draco would at least attempt to block it, but Draco did not move again. Instead, he let Dante's knuckles collide with his ribs, and with the force behind the attack and the crack that resounded when it hit, Dante was certain that Draco was hurt.

However, Draco again burst into laughter as he swiftly griped Dante by his face with one hand. "Who did you say was dying today?" As Dante attempted to resist against his grasp, slamming his fist into Draco's wrist, one punch straight into his stomach was followed by a yelp by Dante, who felt his brain spasm and he ceased to defend himself. He lost complete focus for a moment. "I can tell you who's dying today, and I'm not one of them."

Draco's palm was pressed against Dante's face, his thumb on one cheek and the other fingers on the other side and Dante was being held in the air by his jaw. As Draco shifted his body, Dante didn't realize what he was doing until he heard a loud high-pitch shriek from below him. That was when he noticed that Draco's foot was planted on Eleanor's head. They had planned for this, they had trained for months, only to be killed one by one.

Dante felt his heart pound against his chest.

"Draco, I'll do anything!" Eleanor cried pleadingly, unable to push his boot from over her head. She felt the pressure slowly increase and her vision was starting to grow blurry. "I'll be your wife, I'll bare your children, I'll be at your service whenever you need, please have mercy on me."

"I don't have any use for you and to be honest, you're not any good," he snorted, seeing Eleanor begin to squirm under his foot as she attempted to push it apart. When she realized that the weight was merely increasing, regardless of her resistance, a deafening scream echoed along the forest as she begged for mercy.

"I'll do anything, Draco! Please, I don't want to die. I don't want to die, I don't want to—"

Crunch.

His weight had crushed her skull. In barely a split second, her screams halted and her resistance ceased. But that wasn't enough for Draco who lifted his foot and slammed it down again, another crunch as the blood splattered through her eye sockets and nostrils, leaking along her lips as it tried any way to escape the pressure from his hits. Dante, who was immobile from Draco's grasp, couldn't do anything but whimper, his eyes filling with tears as he heard the death of Eleanor. As he had expected, he was still much weaker than Draco—there was nothing any of them could do.

"Three down," he yawned. "Five more to go."

Reno had fallen into hysteria on the side and the two other people that had been there with them were already dead. And now, Draco had a harsh grasp on Dante and there was no way Dante was going to escape this; they were doomed. All Dante could do at this moment was let the tears leave his eyes and crawl along Draco's palm on his face. He wept, thinking of the silly argument they had moments ago and wishing he had at least made amends before this. He hadn't expected any of them to die and he wished he could have hugged them one last time.